overflowing toilet

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives overflowing toilet

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

We recently replaced our bathroom flooring which required removing and then returning the toilet. Now every so often the toilet will overflow after flushing, even when there is not solid substance in it…any suggestions???

Participant

It sounds like something has gotten into the toilet trap and occasionally turns sideways and stops the flow. Pen, tooth brush, toy. But since you just removed and reinstalled it, maybe the wax seal didnt stay properly positioned and is parially covering the toilet outlet hole. I would try a bowl auger first and remove the toilet if that doesnt fix the problem. Good luck.

Participant

I have a similar problem, toilet is just lazy and 70% of the time it rotate water but dont take it away. A single drop of a cup of water to create the flow initiate the gluup and it empties the bowl.Already removed the toilet, it is complete clean, wax in place, drain at the floor is wide open and accepts easy several galons of water at once, drainning it all.I notice that this toilet tank takes more time to flow water into the bowl than the other toilet (same type) at home. Already cleaned all the internal holes from where water flows into the bowl… it helped a bit, but not solved the problem.Used chloride to attempt to clean the path of the water up to the holes, nothing changed.Water reservoir valve opens wide.I think it is a construction problem that does not allow enough water flow to generate the right water volume…What you guys think?Thanks.

Participant

Your problem sounds like lime build up between the tank and bowl. This is common in some types of toilets…Eljer for one, and I think Murray, too. Anyway, some time you can break out the lime by reaching through the hole under the flapper. Alternatively, some people pour strong acid into that hole and have great success. Be very careful if you try that. Good luck.

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This