vent sizes

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives vent sizes

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

is it possible to vent a washing machine, shower, toilet and a lav into one 3 in. vent? For example, I have room to manifold the w/m vent into the shower vent then into the toilet vent using 2 in. Can I then go to 3 in. on the horizotal run, pick up the lav and then go vertical? The other two fixtures are the kitchen and the laundry sink which are in different locations of the house. My final question is: can I use a common 2 in. vent for these fixtures to satisfy the area requirements for a 4 in. main?

Participant

If you follow all the normal rules, a three inch vent is plenty big enough. I didnt understand about the three inch horizontal pipe though…Usually the lav would be revented back over to a three inch verticle vent pipe behind the toilet. But if the three inch vent must be horizontal for a short distance, it would be fine (as long as you follow the rules).(A two inch pipe is actually big enough to vent what you mentioned is on that side of the house)A three inch sewer pipe would be used in my area for the total fixtures you mentioned. But if you must use a four inch pipe to exit the house, then you may also be required to have a total vent area equal to the cross sectional area of that pipe…A two and a three inch vent dont add up to that, if my arithmetic is correct.

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This