Moen Cartridge Stuck

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Moen Cartridge Stuck

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

I am trying to replace a very leaky Moen cartridge. I tried using the white plastic removal piece that comes with the new cartidge, but that was turned into shredded plastic very quickly. I even bought another cartridge (I wasn’t sure which cartidge I needed) and tried again with that plastic removal piece with the same results as before. I then bought a cartridge puller tool. I got the middle section of the cartidge out with no difficulties, but try as I might I can not budge the outer part of the old cartridge. Now, not only is the old cartridge’s outer casing stuck, but I have the cartridge puller tool stuck in there. Is there any way to loosen the cartridge so that it will slide out easier? Any suggestions would be very helpful. Thank you.

Participant

I have four methods for removing the Moen cores. Each one has its own parameters as to when it should be used. Apparently you have used the one I resort to as a last resort, since it locks into the core and cannot be released until you extract the core. You will just have to twist it as much as you can until it moves. Once it rotates a little bit, the core will extract fairly easily.

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This