sewer gas

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Every morning about an hour after we get up, there is a strong sewer odor in our master bath and the utility which has a common wall. The smell is worse some days and others it goes completely away. Some times its only noticeable outside. We live in a manufactured home, we have a septic tank and a lagoon which is some distance from the house and not the cause of the odor. During the day the odor goes entirely away. We have replaced the traps under the sinks and extended the pipes on top of the house. The smell does not occur from the bathroom on the other end of the house. We have consulted plumbers and septic tank professions, who tell us there is nothing they can do. This has gone on for several weeks. It is unpleasant and I am concerned over the health risks. I have read Lanes follow-up to Tim Stolleys question. Any other ideas?

Participant

Dear Danny,A very likely source of the odors is from seepage of waste into porous areas around pipes that may have leaked before. Also, the source of the bad odors may be from the drainage pipes itself. With time, organic waste build-ups occur in pipings and as it rots and decays, bad odors are released.One way to solve this problem is to use Bacteria Concepts DB-X100 on a regular basis to keep drain free-flowing and choke free. Since the live bacteria in DB-X100 degrade the organics in the pipes, the source of bad odors is also removed.We encourage you to contact us to order some product to solve the problem.You will also received detailed instructions on how to use the product to solve any problems you may be facing.Bacteria Concepts manufactures the highest quality bacterial products on the market. Each contains a scientific blend of multiple strains of naturally occurring active bacteria, which function precisely to solve a specific problem. The blend is synergistic, which means that all strains are compatible with each other and compliment each others activity. The strains are chosen to be highly resistant to disinfectants, sanitizers, and to hot water. This feature permits their use in any normal home, commercial or industrial environment without imposing undo restrictions on accepted methods or on personnel. All bacteria strains used are non-pathogenic (i.e. they do not cause disease) and thus, will not harm humans and pets.Bacteria Concepts products are non-toxic, fully biodegradable and hence, environmentally friendly.Best regards,Customer ServiceBacteria Concepts, Inc. 1400 Brook Drive Downers Grove, IL 60515-1025 U.S.A. Toll free in U.S.A.: 1-877-BCI-DRBUG (1-877-224-3728) Tel: (630) 261-0061 Fax: (630) 261-0064 Corporate e-mail: [email protected] Web site: http://www.bci-drbug.com: Every morning about an hour after we get up, there is a strong sewer odor in our master bath and the utility which has a common wall. The smell is worse some days and others it goes completely away. Some times its only noticeable outside. We live in a manufactured home, we have a septic tank and a lagoon which is some distance from the house and not the cause of the odor. During the day the odor goes entirely away. We have replaced the traps under the sinks and extended the pipes on top of the house. The smell does not occur from the bathroom on the other end of the house. We have consulted plumbers and septic tank professions, who tell us there is nothing they can do. This has gone on for several weeks. It is unpleasant and I am concerned over the health risks. I have read Lanes follow-up to Tim Stolleys question. Any other ideas?

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This