Central Heating

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Central Heating

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Boiler fires up ok when timed to do so but then shuts down again after a minute or so. Therefore radiators dont heat up and I have no hot water. Control switch is on and circuit breaker is ok. Could the pump or the thermostat be faulty ? Is it a big job to fix either ?

Participant

Check thermostat heat anticipator to be matched to your boiler controls. You did not say if it was gas or oil fired.: Boiler fires up ok when timed to do so but then shuts down again after a minute or so. Therefore radiators dont heat up and I have no hot water. Control switch is on and circuit breaker is ok. Could the pump or the thermostat be faulty ? Is it a big job to fix either ?

Participant

:Thanks for your answer…its Gas fired.Check thermostat heat anticipator to be matched to your boiler controls. You did not say if it was gas or oil fired.: : Boiler fires up ok when timed to do so but then shuts down again after a minute or so. Therefore radiators dont heat up and I have no hot water. Control switch is on and circuit breaker is ok. Could the pump or the thermostat be faulty ? Is it a big job to fix either ?

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This