Limited hot water from 13 year old electric hot water tank

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Limited hot water from 13 year old electric hot water tank

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

I have a 13 year old hot water tank that is providing limited hot water. It has been indicated to me that I should replace the element. Is this wise to do on a tank of this age, or has the tank reached its life expectancy? Also, should the element be replaced without having a professional diagnose the problem?? Please respond – Thank you very much….

Participant

If you have an volt/ohm meter you can check the element by turning off the power supply. Setting the meter to ohms, pull the wires from element and test with meter. If an anolog meter the needle should swing. If it does not move elemnt is bad. Usually it would be the lower elemnt that goes bad due to it being used alot more then the upper.: I have a 13 year old hot water tank that is providing limited hot water. It has been indicated to me that I should replace the element. Is this wise to do on a tank of this age, or has the tank reached its life expectancy? Also, should the element be replaced without having a professional diagnose the problem?? Please respond – Thank you very much….

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This