hot water heater leak

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives hot water heater leak

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Tonight I noticed a small amount of water on the floor coming from the hot water heater. It probably needs to be replaced. Can I deal with this two days from now, or does it need to be addressed immediately for safety reasons? Thanks for your help.

Participant

: Tonight I noticed a small amount of water on the floor coming from the hot water heater. It probably needs to be replaced. Can I deal with this two days from now, or does it need to be addressed immediately for safety reasons? Thanks for your help. If it leaks more will you be creating a nuisnace with a neighbor, downstairs apartment etc? Do you see a shut off valve on the cold water line feeding the heater? If its a small leak, will not damage anyoneelses property, and you have a shut off valve I would be willing to wait a day or two-if it really starts leaking you can shut off the water going to the tank and call a plumber

Participant

: Chris, Small leaks are probably just condensation and nothing to worry about yet. Check it again in a couple days and if the leak gets bigger call your neighborhood professional plumber. Good luck

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This