Leaky shower faucet (Moen Tanadyne)

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Leaky shower faucet (Moen Tanadyne)

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

I have only repaired leaks on two handle washer style faucets. I need to replace a Moen Tanadyne at a friends house. It is a single pull-out to turn on and rotate to select water temp. It is a Moen and says Tanadyne. The house is about 15 years old. There are two phillips head screws in the plate. How do I get the faucet out of the wall and how to I replace the leaky part. I assume there will be no washers.

Participant

Do not touch the two screws, unless the valve is installed too deep in the wall. Remove the handle, remove the stainless steel tube the encloses the faucet, pull out the small brass clip that secures the core, and then pull the core out. That last part is where the average user runs into trouble. If it is a plastic core, it should remove easily, but if the core is stuck then you run into the possibility of damaging the part in the wall if you do not have the proper tools to remove it.: I have only repaired leaks on two handle washer style faucets. I need to replace a Moen Tanadyne at a friends house. It is a single pull-out to turn on and rotate to select water temp. It is a Moen and says Tanadyne. The house is about 15 years old. There are two phillips head screws in the plate. How do I get the faucet out of the wall and how to I replace the leaky part. I assume there will be no washers.

Participant

: I have only repaired leaks on two handle washer style faucets. I need to replace a Moen Tanadyne at a friends house. It is a single pull-out to turn on and rotate to select water temp. It is a Moen and says Tanadyne. The house is about 15 years old. There are two phillips head screws in the plate. How do I get the faucet out of the wall and how to I replace the leaky part. I assume there will be no washers.You need to go to the hardware store and purchase a new moen cartridge. Directions are included in the package.

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This