ABS and Copper

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives ABS and Copper

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

I performed an inspection of a home that I am buying. The ABS is Gable. The house was built in 1988. Are there lot #s for the bad Gable pipe and where can I obtain them.Additionally, the copper water pipe is green and white at every joint. Most of the copper pipe I have seen is fairly clean at the joints. Is it uncommon for the joints to patina. It looks as if it may be a result of the flux.Thank you for the assistance.

Avatar photoChristopher M. Peterson
        Participant

The green and white encrustation is usually the result of water seepage leaks. The flux normally is burned off during the soldering process, and in any case I would check the joints for corrosion and deterioration of the copper tube.: I performed an inspection of a home that I am buying. The ABS is Gable. The house was built in 1988. Are there lot #s for the bad Gable pipe and where can I obtain them.: Additionally, the copper water pipe is green and white at every joint. Most of the copper pipe I have seen is fairly clean at the joints. Is it uncommon for the joints to patina. It looks as if it may be a result of the flux.: Thank you for the assistance.

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This