re-solding leaking copper joints

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing re-solding leaking copper joints

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

Just installed a new hot water heater. One of the copper joints is leaking. How does one re-solder a leaking joint? How do you re-apply the flux? Do you have to dis-assemble the joint and start all over? Help…….. It’s cold and I hate cold water showers!!! Any experts out there can email me direct (tonight!) at: [email protected] THANKS!!! Bill G.

Participant

Since a leak implies that the joint is defective inside the fitting, the only proper way to repair it is to disassemble the joint, reclean it, and then resolder it.

Participant

I think a brass compression joint would be better than trying to re-solder at this stage.

Participant

Send me a private E mail and NEVER take a helpers advice.
              [Edited by SylvanLMP on 20 January 2001]

Participant

Bill
                A water heater install is a simple task for a competent plumber.
                Please do yourself a favor and check with a Lic Master Plumber Such as Sylvan. Fix the leak and please check to make sure the install was done correctly. FORGET the advice of fellow handymen and plumbers WANNABE”S. Seek proffesional help.

David

Participant

The joint has to come apart. What I would do is cut it out and install a copper union. Then you won’t have to take eveything apart.

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This