Air in pipes

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Air in pipes

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

I recently built a home in a rural area requiring me to install a waterwell and pressure system. Ive always been on municipal water/sewer so this is all new to me. All was working fine up until a couple of months ago at which time I noticed air in the pipes. Not a lot but enough to cause an occasional whoosh. And it seems to be getting worse as time goes on.It is most noticeable when running hot water and moreso after we hadnt run water for a while than not. Like first thing in the morning or when returning from work. I called the company that installed the pump and pressure system and, while the person who first took my call indicated it sounded like a pressure system problem, the person who would come out to look at it told me it is probably the well drying up. I called the well people who said it sounds like the pressure system. Both indicated that if it was their problem, I would have noticed a drop in pressure which I havent noticed. I also checked the water heater to make sure it wasnt set too high. It is set as low as can be to support our hot water needs which is pretty low.My questions are, what are causes of this phenomenon i.e. is there something else I could or should be looking at? Is there a definitive way to rule out one possible cause over another? And who would I go to who would give me an unbiased opinion on the cause if I cannot determine it myself. It looks like I will be getting into a fingerpointing exercise if I rely on pressure system people or the well company.Thanks in advance for your help.

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This