Toilet flush main blast.

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Toilet flush main blast.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

My new (3 yr old) home has four Sloan-equiped American Standard toilets, which I selected after experiencing flusher shock when moving from a 20-yr old home with 5-gal gravity toilets into the new 1.6 gal era. I share your opinion on Sloan, theyre great. Three of the four work perfectly, but one is noticeably less effective, with the duration of the main blast lasting only about 1 to 2 seconds instead of 3 to 4 seconds like the others, as if the main tank didnt have as much water, or the stored pressure was lower. The effect is the same whether you flush it immediately after filling or wait several days, which would seem to eliminate the possibility of a slow leak in air pressure. Ive talked to Sloan many times, and have swapped everything but the main tank from other units without success. Before going to the trouble of swapping the main tank, I jury-rigged a hose to capture the tank contents and compare the volume with the other units to convince myself it used the same amount of water. I have begun to suspect that either the drain pipe slope or venting or something may be causing back-pressure to curtail the flushing action. Unfortunately the pipes are buried below a cement slab and inaccessible. Have you ever run across this problem, or do you have any suggestions?

Participant

It does not have to be a slow leak. Water has a tendency to absorb air. When the trapped air bubble, which does not replenish itself during the flushing operation is diminished, the amount of water expelled is also diminished. You may have to remove the flush unit and then drain all the water out of the tank to restore the proper amount of air to the tank.: My new (3 yr old) home has four Sloan-equiped American Standard toilets, which I selected after : experiencing flusher shock when moving from a 20-yr old home with 5-gal gravity toilets into the new : 1.6 gal era. I share your opinion on Sloan, theyre great. Three of the four work perfectly, but one : is noticeably less effective, with the duration of the main blast lasting only about 1 to 2 seconds : instead of 3 to 4 seconds like the others, as if the main tank didnt have as much water, or the stored : pressure was lower. The effect is the same whether you flush it immediately after filling or wait several : days, which would seem to eliminate the possibility of a slow leak in air pressure. Ive talked to Sloan : many times, and have swapped everything but the main tank from other units without success. Before going : to the trouble of swapping the main tank, I jury-rigged a hose to capture the tank contents and compare : the volume with the other units to convince myself it used the same amount of water. I have begun to : suspect that either the drain pipe slope or venting or something may be causing back-pressure to curtail : the flushing action. Unfortunately the pipes are buried below a cement slab and inaccessible. Have you : ever run across this problem, or do you have any suggestions?

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This