moving an existing water meter

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives moving an existing water meter

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

I have a water meter currently in the middle of the driveway.I wish to have it moved. Ive contacted the water board who will move it but i need a plumber to reconnect it what is involved with moving it ie moving pipes under driveway how long without water etc thanks michelle

Participant

If the pipe come out from under the driveway on the side that you are relocating the water meter, and I would hope that is what you are doing, then the plumber,initially has to install a tee and a pipe to the new location. Then after the meter is moved, he can cap off the line tha goes under the driveway. You should not be without water for more than an hour or so. The cost depends on the distance from the new connection to the new meter location.: I have a water meter currently in the middle of the driveway.I wish to have it moved. Ive : contacted the water board who will move it but i need a plumber to reconnect it what is involved with moving it ie moving pipes under driveway how long without water etc : thanks michelle

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This