Seating a Toliet

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Seating a Toliet

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Im planning on putting new flooring in my upstairs bathroom. This will raise my floor approx. 3/4 of an inch. I fear this will leave a gap between my pipe and the bottom of my toliet. Is there anyway I can close this gap. Raising or replacing the old cast iron pipe is out of the question. My other option is to build the floor around my toliet. I dont want to do that!

Participant

: Im planning on putting new flooring in my upstairs bathroom. This will raise my floor approx. 3/4 of an inch. I fear this will leave a gap between my pipe and the bottom of my toliet. Is there anyway I can close this gap. Raising or replacing the old cast iron pipe is out of the question. My other option is to build the floor around my toliet. I dont want to do that!a plumber can remove the old flange and install a deeper flange for the new height.

Participant

: : Im planning on putting new flooring in my upstairs bathroom. This will raise my floor approx. 3/4 of an inch. I fear this will leave a gap between my pipe and the bottom of my toliet. Is there anyway I can close this gap. Raising or replacing the old cast iron pipe is out of the question. My other option is to build the floor around my toliet. I dont want to do that!: a plumber can remove the old flange and install a deeper flange for the new height.go to a plumbing store or outlet and ask for a spacer to increase the height of your flange most come in 1/4 height to accomodate installation of tile flooring. they may have a thicker one or you be able to stack them. ask if you need to seal between them. also use a wax ring with a horn.

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This