Zone valves

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Zone valves

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 25 years ago by Avatar photoEric Anderson.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

I installed a series 2 Burnham boiler for a friend and it has 4 existing White Rogers zone valves.The thermostats are old 3 wire thermostats.On the old boiler it was wired to R,W and B(common).When I hooked up the new one I wired it the same way.The gas will only come on when the the T-stat is not calling for heat.The schematic for the boiler only shows wiring for 2 wire Thermostats.I really need to get this thing working and need some help. Thanks, ERIC

Participant

: I installed a series 2 Burnham boiler for a friend and it has 4 existing White Rogers zone valves.The thermostats are old 3 wire thermostats.On the old boiler it was wired to R,W and B(common).When I hooked up the new one I wired it the same way.The gas will only come on when the the T-stat is not calling for heat.The schematic for the boiler only shows wiring for 2 wire Thermostats.I really need to get this thing working and need some help. Thanks, ERICYour T-stats only control your zone valves.(4-5-6) With 4 zone valves you should have a seperate transformer for just the zone valves.You would wire this to 1 & 3 of each zone.# 2 & 3 is your end switch from each zone, these two are carried back to your boiler control for boiler function.(T&T) The only connection between the boiler and the zones is the end switch of the zones. Again when any zone is open on a call for heat the end switch closes and completes the circuit to the boiler.(via.-T&T) Just in case its needed: # 4&5 open valve and # 5&6 close valve. Good Luck

Participant

If I remember the WR wiring, (it has been a lot of years since I worked on the last one), you do not connect to the thermostats. The thermostats operate the zone valves and the zone valves have their own circuit to turn on the burner.: I installed a series 2 Burnham boiler for a friend and it has 4 existing White Rogers zone valves.The thermostats are old 3 wire thermostats.On the old boiler it was wired to R,W and B(common).When I hooked up the new one I wired it the same way.The gas will only come on when the the T-stat is not calling for heat.The schematic for the boiler only shows wiring for 2 wire Thermostats.I really need to get this thing working and need some help. Thanks, ERIC

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This