Electric Water Heater by State Industries

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Electric Water Heater by State Industries

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

I bought a home with a State Industries electric hot water heater – model SSX821RT1JW – Ser. No. 85428256. It’s listed as 240 VAC with no lower element, one 4500 Watt upper element. I have heard that these waters occasionally have to be reset. How is this accomplished? I have no paperwork on this heater. If it’s the element, what’s the best way to get another one?

Thanks,

Joe Culpepper
        Fairfield OH
        [email protected]

Participant

If it has no lower element then it is a Solar water heater. If so and you solar system is operating properly, the heater can get hot enough to trip the electric reset button. It is the red button on the thermostat. Push it in with a pencil. If it needed resetting it will click when you push it. If it is actually the element, then you have to know which one you need. I cannot get back to the original question to see the serial number, but if it is a Duron tank it will either have standard size elements or 1 3/8″ ones and you will need ones with stainless steel heads or you will have rusty water in a few weeks. If it is a glasslined tank then standard elements will work

Participant

Thanks so much for the prompt reply! It is NOT a solar water heater, but the space on the nameplate for the info for a lower element is blank for some reason. Once again, it is a State Industries (made in Tenn.) model SSX821RT1JW, Ser. No. 85428256.

Joe Culpepper
            [email protected]

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This