TOILET PROBLEMS…..HELP ME!!!

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives TOILET PROBLEMS…..HELP ME!!!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

: My problem is the toilet, it wont flush properly. It will start to flush but wont go down. It acts as though its going to over fill. I tried plunging it, then it will go down and work for a while or even a few days then it will happen again. This last time it happened, after I plunged it, I noticed that when I flushed it, a small amount of water was leaking out around the bottom of the toilet where it sits on the floor and only leaks when you flush it, when its not flushing properly. This does not happen when its flushing correctly. Now on this last time, after plunging the toilet, it made so gulping noises, I went in and looked and the toilet was fuller and all cloudy. Then this morning when I got up, I noticed that when the washer drains, thats when the toilet gulps and the bathtub gets full of water and gunk it even has crap coming up in the bathtub. I went to wash it down, but then the tub gets clogged. I tried plunging it, but it didnt help. If left alone, the bathtub will drain down slowly. What is going on with the toilet and bathtub? Neither is draining or flushing properly and Why did the toilet start to leak around the bottom when you flush it? Also, why is it that when the water comes up through the tub its not all water but crap, hair and black stuff?

Participant

Duffy: Assuming youre not on a septic tank……your sewer line is blocked between the house and the street. When large amounts of water are put into system (washer) the water flows down to the stoppage then backs up into the house. Thats why you see water backing into the tub. The water under the toilet cannot get out and leaks thru the seal beneath toilet. Sewer line needs to be cleared, most stoppages in older homes are caused by root growth/invasion into pipe.Call a drain cleaning company (not a plumber). In my area (So Calif) the typical job would take 1 guy approx 1 hr to clear. Cost should be about $75 depending on job. Get a referral dont call directly from yellow pages. Most companys are more interested in your money than your problem. Good luck, Lane.: : My problem is the toilet, it wont flush properly. It will start to flush but wont go down. It acts as though its going to over fill. I tried plunging it, then it will go down and work for a while or even a few days then it will happen again. This last time it happened, after I plunged it, I noticed that when I flushed it, a small amount of water was leaking out around the bottom of the toilet where it sits on the floor and only leaks when you flush it, when its not flushing properly. This does not happen when its flushing correctly. Now on this last time, after plunging the toilet, it made so gulping noises, I went in and looked and the toilet was fuller and all cloudy. Then this morning when I got up, I noticed that when the washer drains, thats when the toilet gulps and the bathtub gets full of water and gunk it even has crap coming up in the bathtub. I went to wash it down, but then the tub gets clogged. I tried plunging it, but it didnt help. If left alone, the bathtub will drain down slowly. What is going on with the toilet and bathtub? Neither is draining or flushing properly and Why did the toilet start to leak around the bottom when you flush it? Also, why is it that when the water comes up through the tub its not all water but crap, hair and black stuff?

Participant

: : : My problem is the toilet, it wont flush properly. It will start to flush but wont go down. It acts as though its going to over fill. I tried plunging it, then it will go down and work for a while or even a few days then it will happen again. This last time it happened, after I plunged it, I noticed that when I flushed it, a small amount of water was leaking out around the bottom of the toilet where it sits on the floor and only leaks when you flush it, when its not flushing properly. This does not happen when its flushing correctly. Now on this last time, after plunging the toilet, it made so gulping noises, I went in and looked and the toilet was fuller and all cloudy. Then this morning when I got up, I noticed that when the washer drains, thats when the toilet gulps and the bathtub gets full of water and gunk it even has crap coming up in the bathtub. I went to wash it down, but then the tub gets clogged. I tried plunging it, but it didnt help. If left alone, the bathtub will drain down slowly. What is going on with the toilet and bathtub? Neither is draining or flushing properly and Why did the toilet start to leak around the bottom when you flush it? Also, why is it that when the water comes up through the tub its not all water but crap, hair and black stuff?i have the exact same problem if you figure it out please send me how

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This