steam heat radiaters

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives steam heat radiaters

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

I have a steam heating unit in my house with radiaters in every room some radiaters (2) do not get very hot, is there a way I can fix this or do I have to call someone in? Thanks Sneady

Participant

: I have a steam heating unit in my house with radiaters in every room some radiaters (2) do not get very hot, is there a way I can fix this or do I have to call someone in? : Thanks : SneadyMake sure valves are fully open. Try removing the vent at the end of the radiator and see if it heats. If it does then replace the vent. Caution: Do not operate the system without vents except for test purposes due to steam affixiation. If there are not vent on the radiators ther may be main line vents in basement or bad traps. These are left to the trades. One last thing is steam pressure is too high the vent will vent till it closes on pressure and if the cut-in pressure is to high the vent will not reopen. Good starting pressures are cut in at .5 and differential at 2. Boiler will cut-out at 2.5lbs.

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This