leaky pvc drain pipe

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives leaky pvc drain pipe

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

I have a pvc drain pipe that runs from the upstairs bath tub and over the den ceiling. the pipe has started to leak. is there anything short of tearing into the ceiling sheetrock that i can do to stop the leak? i was hoping that there is some stop leak product that i can pour down the drain.

Participant

: Sorry but Ive never seen a leaky-stop for drains. It is probably time to create an access panel in your ceiling. If you wait too long the ceiling will create its own.

Participant

A PVC drain line doesnt usually start leaking…So maybe you should suspect something like the tub drain fittings leaking where they connect to the PVC drain line, or the faucet leaking into the wall, or whatever. You might be able to cut an inspection hole in a closet upstairs and take a closer look.

Participant

The only time I have seen PVC drain lines start leaking is when a fitting cracks or a gasket in the tub drain starts leaking.: I have a pvc drain pipe that runs from the upstairs bath tub and over the den ceiling. the pipe has started to leak. is there anything short of tearing into the ceiling sheetrock that i can do to stop the leak? i was hoping that there is some stop leak product that i can pour down the drain.

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This