Leech Bed Water

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Leech Bed Water

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

I recently have had trouble with our sump pump. Since we had a lot of rain last week (about a months worth in a few days), my sump pump has been running off and on for about 45 minutes. The trouble is that it keeps back splashing into the sump crock, which makes the sump pump run that long. I checked out the leech bed (through the air vent) and there is water there (only a few inches). But the leech bed is about 23 years old. After two showers in the morning, the sump pump goes on again and we start all over again. Is this a rain realted problem, or am I looking at something more serious? If you have serious thoughts on this, please e-mail me.Thanks.

Participant

: I recently have had trouble with our sump pump. Since we had a lot of rain last week (about a months worth in a few days), my sump pump has been running off and on for about 45 minutes. The trouble is that it keeps back splashing into the sump crock, which makes the sump pump run that long. I checked out the leech bed (through the air vent) and there is water there (only a few inches). But the leech bed is about 23 years old. After two showers in the morning, the sump pump goes on again and we start all over again. Is this a rain realted problem, or am I looking at something more serious? If you have serious thoughts on this, please e-mail me.: Thanks.L. Lueck, first of all, leeches are small aquatic worms that suck blood. There are no leeches in a LEACH field. Septic tank effluent leaches into the soil in a LEACH field. Normally the sewage from the sump crock is pumped into a septic tank for primary treatment and then it flows into the leach field. There should be a check valve at the discharge of the pump to prevent the backflow problem. Really need more information to be of any help. JWA

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This