No water coming in toilet!

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives No water coming in toilet!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

2 days ago our water was shut off due to a water break in the area, now my toilet wont fill up. If I put water in the tank and then flush it works, but the tank doesnt refill on its own, HELP!!! Im female,35 & an RN! Need help fast! : )

: 2 days ago our water was shut off due to a water break in the area, now my toilet wont fill up. If I put water in the tank and then flush it works, but the tank doesnt refill on its own, HELP!!! Im female,35 & an RN! Need help fast! : )Leslie, It sounds like you have an obstruction in the ballcock (fill valve).Most times you can clear the obstruction. First turn the water to the toilet off. On top of the fill valve there will be some way to take apart the fill valve. If you cant figure out how to do this write all of the numbers inside the tank down (brand names & model numbers) and post it and one of us that contributes to this board will tell you how to take it apart. Once its apart place a cup over the top of the ballcock and turn the water on to the toilet. This will force the obstruction out of the ballcock and allow the toilet to fill. Put the ballcock back together and you should be working. I hope this helps. Scott

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This