DWV for old house

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives DWV for old house

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

I have an old building (our house) that I would like to replumb. I have studied up on all the necessary instruction for the job. However, I really havent seen a schema of a house anywhere close to mine. My drain enters into the house through the back and goes down the middle of the house. All the dwv systems are piped into the main cast iron drain.Please see image below.DOWNSTAIRS: [x=Toilet; o=sink drain; O=shower drain; ()=Main Drain; wh=water heater; dw=dish washer; cw=clothes washer; B1-3=Bathrooms; V=Can put vent here (6 wall); CV = Current Vent(1 1/2)] (The house west (up is west) of the bedroom and B2 is cynderblock)UPSTAIRS: (In an attic – no current pipes going upstairs, the kitchen downstairs is an addition and is not included in the large upstairs attic.)Currently the cast iron is piped into for almost every drain. I am willing to restart with pvc. Any suggestions on a good run?Sorry it is so long.Thanks for any suggestions,Holly

Participant

Unless the existing system is not installed according to current plumbing codes, you can just duplicate what you have there now.: I have an old building (our house) that I would like to replumb. I have studied up on all the necessary instruction for the job. However, I really havent seen a schema of a house anywhere close to mine. My drain enters into the house through the back and goes down the middle of the house. All the dwv systems are piped into the main cast iron drain.: Please see image below.: DOWNSTAIRS: : [x=Toilet; o=sink drain; O=shower drain; ()=Main Drain; wh=water heater; dw=dish washer; cw=clothes washer; B1-3=Bathrooms; V=Can put vent here (6 wall); CV = Current Vent(1 1/2)] : (The house west (up is west) of the bedroom and B2 is cynderblock): UPSTAIRS: (In an attic – no current pipes going upstairs, the kitchen downstairs is an addition and is not included in the large upstairs attic.): Currently the cast iron is piped into for almost every drain. I am willing to restart with pvc. Any suggestions on a good run?: Sorry it is so long.: Thanks for any suggestions,: Holly

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This