CPVC is better than copper…

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing CPVC is better than copper…

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

I am working with a builder that recommends CPVC instead of copper. He claims that it is more reliable and efficient. Should I insist on the metalic system copper pipe or permit the builder to use CPVC water pipes?

Thanks for your assistance.

Participant

http://www.masterplumbers.com/plumbing/plumbviews/1999/copper.html
          http://www.masterplumbers.com/plumbing/plumbviews/2000/copper-vs-pvc.html

Personally I would ask the Builder how much money he honestly expects to use TOXIC plastic.

Why not ask this builder if he would allow his children to drink water from this type of piping?

Ask the builder to show you ONE piping system made of plastic that lasts the time copper is still going 3000 YEARS.

If soil and water conditions allow TYPE L tubing above ground and TYPE K below ground.
          How does this builder dispose of LEGALLY plastic?

Decisions decisions have a great one

Participant

As the licenced plumber the materials that you use should be up to you and not the builder, if something goes wrong they will point the finger at you because you installed the product.
            If CPVC is both legal and suitable for the application and you are comfortable using it then go ahead.
            Sylvan, as always, has a very good point in that copper is a tried and tested material and the cost benifits of using other materials on a smaller project would not be great.
            For every argument that supports plastic materials, there are an equal amount that support copper.
            But at the end of the day, you have to be satisified that you have installed the best product for the job, so if you are uncertian about CPVC, then do not use it.

Participant

Thank you David

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This