no hot water during a shower?

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing no hot water during a shower?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

i have a brand new tankless hot water boiler. it is in a split level entry house. when ever someone takes a shower the water never gets hot, just warm. i’ve played with the anti scald valve?? cut down the preasure to the tank by restricking water input..any suggestions. my marrige depends on this!!! what about a boilermate. will this cure my problem????thanks

Participant

quote:

Originally posted by pjbolo:
          i have a brand new tankless hot water boiler. it is in a split level entry house. when ever someone takes a shower the water never gets hot, just warm. i’ve played with the anti scald valve?? cut down the preasure to the tank by restricking water input..any suggestions. my marrige depends on this!!! what about a boilermate. will this cure my problem????thanks

Check the gas rate. Instant heat boilers rely on minimum 80,000Btu to give temperature rise of say 35 degrees Centigrade at 9 litres a minute. Poor supply of gas would give the symptoms that you speak of

Participant

this unit is oil fired, not gas..

Participant

How does one go about checking the gas rate into their water heater?? I have a similar (not exact) problem.

Thanks
              Mike

Participant

quote:

Originally posted by D Panesar:
                Check the gas rate. Instant heat boilers rely on minimum 80,000Btu to give temperature rise of say 35 degrees Centigrade at 9 litres a minute. Poor supply of gas would give the symptoms that you speak of

this unit is oil fired not gas?

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This