tool for Irwell tap (Australia, 3rd posting doesn’t anybody know??)

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing tool for Irwell tap (Australia, 3rd posting doesn’t anybody know??)

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

I desperately need to change several washers in my house. All the taps are “Irwel Fiore”, and they cannot be unscrewed in “normal” fashion. Thre is a tiny hole at the lower part of the spindle top (under it) which seem to fit smaller allen key or something similar. I would be very grateful if anybody can tell me what tool it is that fits this little hole, i.e. what is required to remove the spindle top. Thanks.

Participant

If it looks like an opening for a small allen wrench try a small allen wrench. That is the tool that is most often used to remove handles that do not have screws holding them.

Participant

Many thanks for your reply fourth. I have tried the two smalest allen keys (from what i guess is a standard set) – one seems to be too small, one too big. I don’t think it really can be an allen wrench.

Participant

u mean A plumber
              I’m sorry I bothered with this site – thought anybody “professional” would know something like that – i am not plotting to destroy the plumbing as a trade i just want to change the washer
              [Edited by Lorenzo on 18 January 2001]

Participant

Have you tried both metric and fractional allen wrenches?

Participant

nip down the local hardware store and you will be able to get a allen key kit with all the used sizes in one small bundle

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This