tool for Irwell tap (Australia, 3rd posting doesn’t anybody know??)

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing tool for Irwell tap (Australia, 3rd posting doesn’t anybody know??)

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    • #274405

      I desperately need to change several washers in my house. All the taps are “Irwel Fiore”, and they cannot be unscrewed in “normal” fashion. Thre is a tiny hole at the lower part of the spindle top (under it) which seem to fit smaller allen key or something similar. I would be very grateful if anybody can tell me what tool it is that fits this little hole, i.e. what is required to remove the spindle top. Thanks.

    • #289689

      If it looks like an opening for a small allen wrench try a small allen wrench. That is the tool that is most often used to remove handles that do not have screws holding them.

    • #289690

      Many thanks for your reply fourth. I have tried the two smalest allen keys (from what i guess is a standard set) – one seems to be too small, one too big. I don’t think it really can be an allen wrench.

    • #289691

      u mean A plumber
      I’m sorry I bothered with this site – thought anybody “professional” would know something like that – i am not plotting to destroy the plumbing as a trade i just want to change the washer
      [Edited by Lorenzo on 18 January 2001]

    • #289692

      Have you tried both metric and fractional allen wrenches?

    • #289693

      nip down the local hardware store and you will be able to get a allen key kit with all the used sizes in one small bundle

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This