well water problem

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing well water problem

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Keymaster

ok , I have a well problem, when I prime it it will work for a couple of days or sometimes only a few hours. I have replaced thel pump , head , motor and tank. So I know all that is good. Here are the specs to the well.

3″ well at 190 ft
        jet is at 20 ft with 40 ft of tailpipe
        1/2 hp motor
        bladder tank

Maybe the well is going dry, I don’t know. Someone told me I couldn’t go any deeper with the jet and tailpipe. If thats the case could it be possible to put a submersible pump if at 80-100 ft and it work. Any ideas would be appreciated . Thanks

Participant

Do you have to reprime the pump or just wait for it to come back?
          The maximum suction lift any pump can draw water from is about 22′ but centrifugal jet pumps “cheat” that depth slightly and gain a few more feet of lift. It sounds as if the water level is drawing down at least more than the pump can draw from which means either your pump needs repair (clogged venturi? worn impeller?) or you need to convert to a deep well setup. A submersible would be fine but it may be hard to find one that would fit your 3″ well. A deep well jet will be basically the same as you have now except fitted with an injector in the well and two pipes between it and your pump.
          A good well pump installer will be able to suggest what is best in your case.

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This