What is it???

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives What is it???

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Previous homeowners installed something in my backyard, and I dont know what it is or if there would be any harm in removing it. I suspect its some kind of drain. Its a cylinder made of 3 pieces of steel, about 2 feet in diameter buried horizontally in the ground and filled with rocks (larger than pea gravel). Its at least 4 feet long/deep and non-perforated. Its located about 2 feet from the back corner of my house. It collects water that becomes stagnant, so Id like to remove it. I used to have water seepage in that corner of my basement, but since I installed a sump pump, its not a problem. I was planning to dig that cylinder out, but after going down 4 feet with no end in sight, I think Ill cut it off below ground level & bury it. Anyone know what it is & if my plan is a bad one?

IMPORTANT CORRECTION! That cylinder is buried VERTICALLY, not horizontally, as I said in my previous message. : Previous homeowners installed something in my backyard, and I dont know what it is or if there would be any harm in removing it. I suspect its some kind of drain. Its a cylinder made of 3 pieces of steel, about 2 feet in diameter buried horizontally in the ground and filled with rocks (larger than pea gravel). Its at least 4 feet long/deep and non-perforated. Its located about 2 feet from the back corner of my house. It collects water that becomes stagnant, so Id like to remove it. I used to have water seepage in that corner of my basement, but since I installed a sump pump, its not a problem. I was planning to dig that cylinder out, but after going down 4 feet with no end in sight, I think Ill cut it off below ground level & bury it. Anyone know what it is & if my plan is a bad one?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This