hwt

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

if i was going to hook up two 40 gal hwt in a house ? what would be the most effeciant way to do it. but still have full copasaty of 80 gal

: if i was going to hook up two 40 gal hwt in a house ? what would be the most effeciant way to do it. but still have full copasaty of 80 gal

: if i was going to hook up two 40 gal hwt in a house ? what would be the most effeciant way to do it. but still have full copasaty of 80 galTHERE ARE DIFFERENT WAYS OF DOING WHAT YOU WANT TO DO AND IT DEPENDS IF YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT GAS OR ELECTRIC WATER HEATERS. IF YOU HAVE A GAS WATER HEATER THIS IS WHAT I WOULD RECOMMEND. PURCHASE A 40 OR 52 GAL. ELECTRIC WATER HEATER (NOT MUCH DIFFERENCE IN PRICE) TO USE AS SECOND TANK. A SMALL BRONZE CIRCULATOR FOR DOMESTIC WATER WILL BE LOOPED TO CIRCULATE THE WATER THRU BOTH TANKS. THE ELEMENTS WILL NOT BE WIRED FOR USE BUT THE THERMOSTATS WILL BE WIRED TO CONTROL THE CIRCULATOR ONLY. YOU TURN UP THE TEMPERATURE FULLY ON THE GAS HEATER TO MAX. THE WATER WILL BE VERY HOT AND A THREE WAY TEMPERING VALVE WILL BE NEEDED TO TEMPER THE WATER BACK WHEN IT EXISTS THE LAST HEATER AND FEEDS THE SYSTEM. THIS WILL ALSO STRETCH AND INCREASE THE HOT WATER VOLUME EVEN FURTHER. AS THE WATER BEGINS TO COOL IN THE STORAGE TANK THE THERMOSTATS SENSE THIS AND THE CIRCULATOR WILL KEEP THE WATER AT A GOOD TEMPERATURE. IF YOU WOULD LIKE A DRAWING OF THIS YOU MAY FAX ME AT 410-284-1881 AND I WILL BE HAPPY TO SEND IT TO YOU.

Connect the heaters in series. In this way, you will have 80 gallons and the first one will do most of the heating unless you exceed its capacity, in which case the second one will also begin heating giving you twice the recovery of a single unit. The first tank will also be the one which will receive the majority of mineral precipitation so it will be the first to fail.: if i was going to hook up two 40 gal hwt in a house ? what would be the most effeciant way to do it. but still have full copasaty of 80 gal

: : if i was going to hook up two 40 gal hwt in a house ? what would be the most effeciant way to do it. but still have full copasaty of 80 gal: THERE ARE DIFFERENT WAYS OF DOING WHAT YOU WANT TO DO AND IT DEPENDS IF YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT GAS OR ELECTRIC WATER HEATERS. IF YOU HAVE A GAS WATER HEATER THIS IS WHAT I WOULD RECOMMEND. PURCHASE A 40 OR 52 GAL. ELECTRIC WATER HEATER (NOT MUCH DIFFERENCE IN PRICE) TO USE AS SECOND TANK. A SMALL BRONZE CIRCULATOR FOR DOMESTIC WATER WILL BE LOOPED TO CIRCULATE THE WATER THRU BOTH TANKS. THE ELEMENTS WILL NOT BE WIRED FOR USE BUT THE THERMOSTATS WILL BE WIRED TO CONTROL THE CIRCULATOR ONLY. YOU TURN UP THE TEMPERATURE FULLY ON THE GAS HEATER TO MAX. THE WATER WILL BE VERY HOT AND A THREE WAY TEMPERING VALVE WILL BE NEEDED TO TEMPER THE WATER BACK WHEN IT EXISTS THE LAST HEATER AND FEEDS THE SYSTEM. THIS WILL ALSO STRETCH AND INCREASE THE HOT WATER VOLUME EVEN FURTHER. AS THE WATER BEGINS TO COOL IN THE STORAGE TANK THE THERMOSTATS SENSE THIS AND THE CIRCULATOR WILL KEEP THE WATER AT A GOOD TEMPERATURE. IF YOU WOULD LIKE A DRAWING OF THIS YOU MAY FAX ME AT 410-284-1881 AND I WILL BE HAPPY TO SEND IT TO YOU.You have got to be kidding!!!! My opinion would be to follow the advice by hj unless steve plans on winning at power ball.

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This