shower mixer

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives shower mixer

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Old brass system. Internal section two arms(one for hot; one for cold) insert into two seats. Rubber washer at base of each arm. Systems continues to leak! Is there another washer required?

Participant

: Old brass system. Internal section two arms(one for hot; one for cold) insert into two seats. Rubber washer at base of each arm. Systems continues to leak! Is there another washer required?RAY, I NEED MORE INFORMATION FROM YOU TO HELP YOU WITH THIS ONE. BRAND NAME AND ANY NUMBERS,NAMES OR NUMBERS ON THE FRONT PLATE WOULD DO. AMERICAN STANDARD AND SPEAKMAN WERE THE MOST POPULAR SINGLE LEVERS OF THIS TYPE BACK IN THOSE DAYS. ONE STEM SPINDLE CONTROLS THE YOKE THAT MOVES. ON ONE SIDE IS THE HOT PLUNGER AND THE OTHER SIDE IS THE COLD. YOU ALSO WILL HAVE A HOT AND COLD SEAT THAT THE WASHERS SEAT AGAINST. IF THE SEATS ARE PITTED, ERODED, SCRATCHED IN ANY WAY EVEN NEW WASHERS WILL NOT SEAL. THESE SEATS ARE ALSO REPLACABLE, BUT SOMETIMES REQUIRE A SPECIAL TOOL. IF YOU CAN SUPPLY THE INFORMATION REQUESTED I CAN SEND YOU A PARTS SHEET AND BREAKDOWN OF PARTS NEEDED TO REBUILD THIS TO A NEW WORKING CONDITION. OH YES, KOHLER ALSO HAD MODELS LIKE THIS. YOU CAN FAX ME THE INFO. AT 410-284-1881 ATTN. KERRY

Participant

: : Old brass system. Internal section two arms(one for hot; one for cold) insert into two seats. Rubber washer at base of each arm. Systems continues to leak! Is there another washer required?: RAY, : I NEED MORE INFORMATION FROM YOU TO HELP YOU WITH THIS ONE. BRAND NAME AND ANY NUMBERS,NAMES OR NUMBERS ON THE FRONT PLATE WOULD DO. AMERICAN STANDARD AND SPEAKMAN WERE THE MOST POPULAR SINGLE LEVERS OF THIS TYPE BACK IN THOSE DAYS. ONE STEM SPINDLE CONTROLS THE YOKE THAT MOVES. ON ONE SIDE IS THE HOT PLUNGER AND THE OTHER SIDE IS THE COLD. YOU ALSO WILL HAVE A HOT AND COLD SEAT THAT THE WASHERS SEAT AGAINST. IF THE SEATS ARE PITTED, ERODED, SCRATCHED IN ANY WAY EVEN NEW WASHERS WILL NOT SEAL. THESE SEATS ARE ALSO REPLACABLE, BUT SOMETIMES REQUIRE A SPECIAL TOOL. IF YOU CAN SUPPLY THE INFORMATION REQUESTED I CAN SEND YOU A PARTS SHEET AND BREAKDOWN OF PARTS NEEDED TO REBUILD THIS TO A NEW WORKING CONDITION. OH YES, KOHLER ALSO HAD MODELS LIKE THIS. YOU CAN FAX ME THE INFO. AT 410-284-1881 ATTN. KERRY

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This