how should city sewers be cleaned?

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives how should city sewers be cleaned?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

A terrible smell is coming out the my citys sewers and getting into my house. They have been out to clean twice…with a pumper truck and hose!! Is this the correct way for them to clean. Ive spent $1500 on plumbers, and now I find out the previous owner had the problem and the city cleaned the sewers and it stopped. The smell comes right out of their manhole cover and somehow gets into my house. What equipment should I ask them to use? HELPPPPPPPP!!!!!

Participant

: A terrible smell is coming out the my citys sewers and getting into my house. They have been out to clean twice…with a pumper truck and hose!! Is this the correct way for them to clean. Ive spent $1500 on plumbers, and now I find out the previous owner had the problem and the city cleaned the sewers and it stopped. The smell comes right out of their manhole cover and somehow gets into my house. What equipment should I ask them to use? HELPPPPPPPP!!!!!HI I posted you an answere I hope it works out for you.Look below through all the b goobly gook and read my posting to you You may also want to go to the top of this page. Click Plumbviews and read some of the articles I have written on drain cleaning and Chemicals.. Good luck have a great week end Sylvan..

Participant

maby a smoke test would find a open line somewhere in your home your missing.

Participant

: A terrible smell is coming out the my citys sewers and getting into my house. They have been out to clean twice…with a pumper truck and hose!! Is this the correct way for them to clean. Ive spent $1500 on plumbers, and now I find out the previous owner had the problem and the city cleaned the sewers and it stopped. The smell comes right out of their manhole cover and somehow gets into my house. What equipment should I ask them to use? HELPPPPPPPP!!!!!Im just braging on our Georgetown County Water & Sewer District. Ive watched them many times. They work upstream from manhole to manhole. First the jetter truck is set up along with the vaccum truck which removes solids as they are flushed back, once the washing water seems clear they bring up the camera truck and check the line before moving on. If in fact your problem is from the manhole cover, prehaps you could ask them to seal that cover. As kenny said the plumbing in your house may need a smoke test.

Participant

: : A terrible smell is coming out the my citys sewers and getting into my house. They have been out to clean twice…with a pumper truck and hose!! Is this the correct way for them to clean. Ive spent $1500 on plumbers, and now I find out the previous owner had the problem and the city cleaned the sewers and it stopped. The smell comes right out of their manhole cover and somehow gets into my house. What equipment should I ask them to use? HELPPPPPPPP!!!!!: Im just braging on our Georgetown County Water & Sewer District. : Ive watched them many times. They work upstream from manhole to manhole. First the jetter truck is set up along with the vaccum truck which removes solids as they are flushed back, once the washing water seems clear they bring up the camera truck and check the line before moving on. : If in fact your problem is from the manhole cover, prehaps you could ask them to seal that cover. : As kenny said the plumbing in your house may need a smoke test.The worst thing you can do is plug the man hole cover as this is the only vent to allow methane gas to escape from. The holes also are there in case of an explosion to help dissapate the pressure. You are correct about using a jetter going up stream WHERE possible. I have several jetters and try to go upstream and then vacuum the debris out. The origional post was about a town of 211 of what would appear to be mongrels. These animals threw a diaper into the main sewer and another inmate of this village was looking to SUE. Now jettering works fantastic for all soft stoppages and with the proper pressure and cutting tools can even cut roots. I personaly think if the drains are running free then it could be debris build up on the sides on the wall of the sewer piping and besides jetting a good flushing is also in order. Normally opening the fire hydrants will work. Any piping on the property line is normally the home owners responsibility up to the spur connection. Good luck.. Please keep me posted.. Respectifully Sylvan

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This