Dip Tube in Hot Water Heater

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Dip Tube in Hot Water Heater

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    • #281467

      There was an announcement on T.V. recently about five brands of Water Heaters sold between 1993 and 1996 that had a defective part in the dip tube causing them to disinigrate, A.O. Smith being one of them, which I have. Is there a recall on these or who do you contact for replacement on a new home, and is the replacement free?

    • #307501

      Contact your nearest A.O. smith dealer or your local plumber, Certain years of water heaters are covered at no cost to you if yours is bad(broke off inside of heaer).If yours is not broke you might have to pay a service charge to your plumber. (Are you running out of hot water fast, if so you might have a broken tube, otherwise yours might be ok)

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This