Water Pressure

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Water Pressure

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

I was wondering if there was any way that the water pressure in an old house can be increased. Very little water comes out of the faucets and the toilet is hard to flush completely. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Participant

: I was wondering if there was any way that the water pressure in an old house can be increased. Very little water comes out of the faucets and the toilet is hard to flush completely. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.Kelly, You need to give more info. on details of your old house such as the type of water line materials in current use,etc. If you still have alot of old galv.(steel) piping in the house then it all should be replaced. The opening of the inside of old steel pipe could be greatly reduced smaller than a pencil and not allowing sufficent volume of water to flow to each fixture unit. If you saw the inside of old steel water lines you wouldnt want to drink the water even though it is safe. If the water service also is old galv. it also should be replaced. If this is not the case a local plumber could be called in to discuss a pressure booster pump package. Good Luck!! If you have any further questions regarding this matter you may e-mail me at [email protected]

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This