bathtub drain cover removal

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives bathtub drain cover removal

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Our drain is cloggeg. Tired of using chemicals, want to get the snake down there but I cant get the silly drain cover off.Its an odd duck that Ive never seen before. Standard round metal cover with a 1/2 stem coming up from the middle of it. Spin it half way around and it lifts and some pins sit on some type of internal shelf. Spin another half way round and it falls back down.I cant get it off. It doesnt appear to be threaded on the inside. If you grab the stem and lift while turning, nothing happens. Same if you push. How the heck does this thing get removed?Thanks, Shawn

Participant

The knob you pull up with unscrews and then the center post can be unscrewed from the tub. But unless that part is plugged with hair, the placr you have to put a snake into is through the overflow opening.: Our drain is cloggeg. Tired of using chemicals, want to get the snake down there but I cant get the silly drain cover off.: Its an odd duck that Ive never seen before. Standard round metal cover with a 1/2 stem coming up from the middle of it. Spin it half way around and it lifts and some pins sit on some type of internal shelf. Spin another half way round and it falls back down.: I cant get it off. It doesnt appear to be threaded on the inside. If you grab the stem and lift while turning, nothing happens. Same if you push. How the heck does this thing get removed?: Thanks, : Shawn

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This