Sewer backup

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Sewer backup

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • Author

Were taking our city to small claims court because of a sewer back up recently. Seems that in order for them to be responsible, they also have to be proven NEGLIGENT. We can prove the clog was from the public sewer line….the pipe had at least a 3 inch buildup all around on an 8 inch pipe….it got clogged by a diaper. What surprised us was that they have a maintenance plan of cleaning the sewers yearly, BUT THEY DO IT WITH A FIRETRUCK HOSE!! Does this sound right to you?Need info fast……court is right around the corner!

Participant

What ever the local municipality does is up to them they govern. If you feel the method they use is inapropriate then you will have to protect yourself from further water damage on your own. Dont let a huckster attorney take your money for nothing. Cause thats what hes doing. Ask your local plumbers union hall for advise first.It is called local administrative authority, they can clean the lines any way the cost allows them to do it hun.Mark Tiernanh Tiernan Bros. Plbg. Indiana, USA

Participant

Were in a tiny town of 211! The one city employee does everything and hes about as sharp as a ping-pong ball! They ARE doing it wrong IF theyre doing that at all. Thanks for the positive vibes, hon.: What ever the local municipality does is up to them they govern. If you feel the method they use is inapropriate then you will have to protect yourself from further water damage : on your own. Dont let a huckster attorney take your money for nothing. Cause thats what hes doing. Ask your local plumbers union hall for advise first.: It is called local administrative authority, they can clean the lines any way the cost allows them to do it hun.: Mark Tiernanh : Tiernan Bros. Plbg. : Indiana, USA

Participant

Were in a tiny town of 211! The one city employee does everything and hes about as sharp as a ping-pong ball! They ARE doing it wrong IF theyre doing that at all. Thanks for the positive vibes, hun.: What ever the local municipality does is up to them they govern. If you feel the method they use is inapropriate then you will have to protect yourself from further water damage : on your own. Dont let a huckster attorney take your money for nothing. Cause thats what hes doing. Ask your local plumbers union hall for advise first.: It is called local administrative authority, they can clean the lines any way the cost allows them to do it hun.: Mark Tiernanh : Tiernan Bros. Plbg. : Indiana, USA

Participant

: Were taking our city to small claims court because of a sewer back up recently. Seems that in order for them to be responsible, they also have to be proven NEGLIGENT. We can prove the clog was from the public sewer line….the pipe had at least a 3 inch buildup all around on an 8 inch pipe….it got clogged by a diaper. What surprised us was that they have a maintenance plan of cleaning the sewers yearly, BUT THEY DO IT WITH A FIRETRUCK HOSE!! Does this sound right to you?: Need info fast……court is right around the corner!I have served as an expert witness against NYC and other cities BUT in this case I would love to be on the city side of this case. How can you go after the city for someones diaper YOU should take this diaper to all your neighbors with kids GET a DNA and you and the CITY SUE THEM. I think YOU have not only way too much time on your hands YOU NEED TO GET A LIFE and some home owners Water insurance would also help. Flushing a city sewer with a fire hose is correct. They are looking for VOLUME not pressure.Please do me a favor GIVE my E mail address to your CITY sewer DEPT and tell them I will take this case on for FREE THE counter suit should be fantastic for them and me…Sylvan

Participant

: : Were taking our city to small claims court because of a sewer back up recently. Seems that in order for them to be responsible, they also have to be proven NEGLIGENT. We can prove the clog was from the public sewer line….the pipe had at least a 3 inch buildup all around on an 8 inch pipe….it got clogged by a diaper. What surprised us was that they have a maintenance plan of cleaning the sewers yearly, BUT THEY DO IT WITH A FIRETRUCK HOSE!! Does this sound right to you?: : Need info fast……court is right around the corner!: I have served as an expert witness against NYC and other cities BUT in this case I would love to be on the city side of this case. How can you go after the city for someones diaper YOU should take this diaper to all your neighbors with kids GET a DNA and you and the CITY SUE THEM. I think YOU have not only way too much time on your hands YOU NEED TO GET A LIFE and some home owners Water insurance would also help. Flushing a city sewer with a fire hose is correct. They are looking for VOLUME not pressure.Please do me a favor GIVE my E mail address to your CITY sewer DEPT and tell them I will take this case on for FREE THE counter suit should be fantastic for them and me…SylvanHey Sylvan, You are an asshole. Just won the case in court…..So, UP YOURS. Expert my ass. Judge said that was a pathetic way to clean the sewers in the first place. 3 EXPERTS we had testified to that also. Looks like you need to go get educated…..OR A LIFE.

Participant

: : Were taking our city to small claims court because of a sewer back up recently. Seems that in order for them to be responsible, they also have to be proven NEGLIGENT. We can prove the clog was from the public sewer line….the pipe had at least a 3 inch buildup all around on an 8 inch pipe….it got clogged by a diaper. What surprised us was that they have a maintenance plan of cleaning the sewers yearly, BUT THEY DO IT WITH A FIRETRUCK HOSE!! Does this sound right to you?: : Need info fast……court is right around the corner!: I have served as an expert witness against NYC and other cities BUT in this case I would love to be on the city side of this case. How can you go after the city for someones diaper YOU should take this diaper to all your neighbors with kids GET a DNA and you and the CITY SUE THEM. I think YOU have not only way too much time on your hands YOU NEED TO GET A LIFE and some home owners Water insurance would also help. Flushing a city sewer with a fire hose is correct. They are looking for VOLUME not pressure.Please do me a favor GIVE my E mail address to your CITY sewer DEPT and tell them I will take this case on for FREE THE counter suit should be fantastic for them and me…SylvanYoure way out of line there, Syl. Cant believe what you typed or what youre thinking. Cleaning a sewer with a fire truck hose IS inadequate. I am employed by the City of Houston. You definitely need pressure NOT VOLUME. Stick to your little faucets and whatnot. This is way out of your league.

Participant

: : : : Were taking our city to small claims court because of a sewer back up recently. Seems that in order for them to be responsible, they also have to be proven NEGLIGENT. We can prove the clog was from the public sewer line….the pipe had at least a 3 inch buildup all around on an 8 inch pipe….it got clogged by a diaper. What surprised us was that they have a maintenance plan of cleaning the sewers yearly, BUT THEY DO IT WITH A FIRETRUCK HOSE!! Does this sound right to you?: : : Need info fast……court is right around the corner!: : I have served as an expert witness against NYC and other cities BUT in this case I would love to be on the city side of this case. How can you go after the city for someones diaper YOU should take this diaper to all your neighbors with kids GET a DNA and you and the CITY SUE THEM. I think YOU have not only way too much time on your hands YOU NEED TO GET A LIFE and some home owners Water insurance would also help. Flushing a city sewer with a fire hose is correct. They are looking for VOLUME not pressure.Please do me a favor GIVE my E mail address to your CITY sewer DEPT and tell them I will take this case on for FREE THE counter suit should be fantastic for them and me…Sylvan :: Hey Sylvan, : You are an asshole. Just won the case in court…..So, UP YOURS. Expert my ass. Judge said that was a pathetic way to clean the sewers in the first place. 3 EXPERTS we had testified to that also. Looks like you need to go get educated…..OR A LIFE.Hey RED neck potty mouth did your lparents ever have a child that lived?

Participant

: What ever the local municipality does is up to them they govern. If you feel the method they use is inapropriate then you will have to protect yourself from further water damage : on your own. Dont let a huckster attorney take your money for nothing. Cause thats what hes doing. Ask your local plumbers union hall for advise first.: It is called local administrative authority, they can clean the lines any way the cost allows them to do it hun.: Mark Tiernanh : Tiernan Bros. Plbg. : Indiana, USAMark you are correct. I showed your posting and Sylvans to one of the engineers who work for my husbands law firm. This person must be an idiot to even bother going to small claims court. I think the towns fire hose would have a better place to flush besides the sewer.This idiot has the nerve to call the city employee a ping pong ball yet they have time to waste going to small claims court Sylvan YOU were right on. This person should either get a life or move to a planet with no small claims court.. I wonder what degrees this so called Judge has that he could say flushing it out with a fire hose is no good? I think with a population of 211 this person should get on their knees infront of the sewer cleaner and use their foul mouth to some good …..Linda…PS This guy was trying to use the fire hose as a water jetter it seems at least he tried.. Red neck mentality is something else HUH?

Participant

: : : : Were taking our city to small claims court because of a sewer back up recently. Seems that in order for them to be responsible, they also have to be proven NEGLIGENT. We can prove the clog was from the public sewer line….the pipe had at least a 3 inch buildup all around on an 8 inch pipe….it got clogged by a diaper. What surprised us was that they have a maintenance plan of cleaning the sewers yearly, BUT THEY DO IT WITH A FIRETRUCK HOSE!! Does this sound right to you?: : : Need info fast……court is right around the corner!: : I have served as an expert witness against NYC and other cities BUT in this case I would love to be on the city side of this case. How can you go after the city for someones diaper YOU should take this diaper to all your neighbors with kids GET a DNA and you and the CITY SUE THEM. I think YOU have not only way too much time on your hands YOU NEED TO GET A LIFE and some home owners Water insurance would also help. Flushing a city sewer with a fire hose is correct. They are looking for VOLUME not pressure.Please do me a favor GIVE my E mail address to your CITY sewer DEPT and tell them I will take this case on for FREE THE counter suit should be fantastic for them and me…Sylvan :: Hey Sylvan, : You are an asshole. Just won the case in court…..So, UP YOURS. Expert my ass. Judge said that was a pathetic way to clean the sewers in the first place. 3 EXPERTS we had testified to that also. Looks like you need to go get educated…..OR A LIFE.Silvan…. I work for a Mid Western City (population over 85,000) Many times we use a fire dept connection to flush out sewer and storm mains. We use hydrants and or fire trucks. normally it is as you said we rely on the volume of water to flush out sediment,leaves and other debris. I think the Judge in this instance realized he/she was dealing with a WACKO and just wanted to settle this ASAP to get this moron out of his/her court. To think that any person in their right mind could hold the city responsible for a diaper is unbelievable. It is my humble opinion that the person making this weird claim not only has like you said way too much time on their hands BUT is a cronic liar. In over 23 years in the Sewer/Water dept we constantly use fire hoses to clear blockages as we cant always get access to the one water jetter this town owns.. I never post anything on here BUT I just had to say something..Adios Hobart M.

Participant

: Were in a tiny town of 211! The one city employee does everything and hes about as sharp as a ping-pong ball! They ARE doing it wrong IF theyre doing that at all. Thanks for the positive vibes, hon.: : What ever the local municipality does is up to them they govern. If you feel the method they use is inapropriate then you will have to protect yourself from further water damage : : on your own. Dont let a huckster attorney take your money for nothing. Cause thats what hes doing. Ask your local plumbers union hall for advise first.: : It is called local administrative authority, they can clean the lines any way the cost allows them to do it hun.: : Mark Tiernanh : : Tiernan Bros. Plbg. : : Indiana, USAOne employee and she complains?? wow this guy should go on strike.. If this persons home catches on fire I hope the hjudge puts out the fire LMAO cause I wouldnt set foot near this nut case Bill

Participant

: Were taking our city to small claims court because of a sewer back up recently. Seems that in order for them to be responsible, they also have to be proven NEGLIGENT. We can prove the clog was from the public sewer line….the pipe had at least a 3 inch buildup all around on an 8 inch pipe….it got clogged by a diaper. What surprised us was that they have a maintenance plan of cleaning the sewers yearly, BUT THEY DO IT WITH A FIRETRUCK HOSE!! Does this sound right to you?: Need info fast……court is right around the corner!What is the way they are supposed to clean the sewers? I need help fast. My house has a terrible sewer gas odor coming right from the sewer, and they have been out to clean twice….with a hose!!! Im a lawyer, so Ill sue them too, but what should I tell them they should clean with? HELP!!!! Ive spent $1500 on plumbers for their problem!!!!

Participant

: : : : Were taking our city to small claims court because of a sewer back up recently. Seems that in order for them to be responsible, they also have to be proven NEGLIGENT. We can prove the clog was from the public sewer line….the pipe had at least a 3 inch buildup all around on an 8 inch pipe….it got clogged by a diaper. What surprised us was that they have a maintenance plan of cleaning the sewers yearly, BUT THEY DO IT WITH A FIRETRUCK HOSE!! Does this sound right to you?: : : Need info fast……court is right around the corner!: : I have served as an expert witness against NYC and other cities BUT in this case I would love to be on the city side of this case. How can you go after the city for someones diaper YOU should take this diaper to all your neighbors with kids GET a DNA and you and the CITY SUE THEM. I think YOU have not only way too much time on your hands YOU NEED TO GET A LIFE and some home owners Water insurance would also help. Flushing a city sewer with a fire hose is correct. They are looking for VOLUME not pressure.Please do me a favor GIVE my E mail address to your CITY sewer DEPT and tell them I will take this case on for FREE THE counter suit should be fantastic for them and me…Sylvan: Youre way out of line there, Syl. Cant believe what you typed or what youre thinking. Cleaning a sewer with a fire truck hose IS inadequate. I am employed by the City of Houston. You definitely need pressure NOT VOLUME. Stick to your little faucets and whatnot. This is way out of your league.To the BIG city TURD chaser Houston CITY employee Why dont you READ . I am SURE even in your pea brain you could REALIZE a town with 211 PEOPLE does not have a VECTOR sewer machine. This high pressure Vacuum and Jetter cost more than this whole town is worth. If you also read beteween the lines BIG CITY man you would have seen there is ONE maintenance guy. I know OSHA has NOT gotten around to your neck of the woods COW POKE but in some places it is against the labor laws for someone to use jetting Equipiment without a certificate DUH Has it also occured to you BIG CITY SEWER MAN that if a diaper caused this MAJOR blockage we are NOT talking 36 lines are we? I wonder how many Supervisors are TELLING you how to do your job? Here this poor guy working BY himnself WITH liminted funds tries to clear a stoppage. Now you being JUST a simple turd Chaser would also consider that some places DO have HIGH pressure fire pumps and if this hydrant only put out 65 psi AT 125 GPM that should be enough to flush out NORMAL debris. Only a guy from Texas would knows exactly whats in the line prior to using a video camera BUT then again this town of 211 DOES NOT HAVE THE BUDGET. My, My how working in the BIG OLE city spoiled you from common sence.Here is an under paid guy working BY himself doing all the repairs for 211 peole and He tries to flush a line with the EQUIPMENT avainable and your 2nd guessing him. I think for the Very next stoppage this TOWN of 211 should hire a GUY from Houston with a BIG STRAW in lieu of a AQUATECH or a slurry liquidator Trailor.. BETTER yet let this town buy a million dollar Vactor Productivity System JUST like the one your an EXPERT with HUH? I suppose you want to DONATE money for a great Harben Hot water Jetter for this town of 211 good God fearing folks. THINK for a minute guy one man doing the BEST he can do using NO state of the ART equipment.He tried his BEST with what he had. What would you do When I was IN Nam we used ANYTHING we could to GET THE JOB DONE. THINK of it a SMALL town thats the KEY take that into consideration.NOW I know why Jesus was NOT Born in TEXAS They couldnt find a VIRGIN or 3 wise men in the whole State. BUT they did find great Turd chasers Silvan forget about it RED NECKS never learn Hopefully Mexico will take back this area Brian Licensed Class A Equipment operator..

Participant

: : : : : : Were taking our city to small claims court because of a sewer back up recently. Seems that in order for them to be responsible, they also have to be proven NEGLIGENT. We can prove the clog was from the public sewer line….the pipe had at least a 3 inch buildup all around on an 8 inch pipe….it got clogged by a diaper. What surprised us was that they have a maintenance plan of cleaning the sewers yearly, BUT THEY DO IT WITH A FIRETRUCK HOSE!! Does this sound right to you?: : : : Need info fast……court is right around the corner!: : : I have served as an expert witness against NYC and other cities BUT in this case I would love to be on the city side of this case. How can you go after the city for someones diaper YOU should take this diaper to all your neighbors with kids GET a DNA and you and the CITY SUE THEM. I think YOU have not only way too much time on your hands YOU NEED TO GET A LIFE and some home owners Water insurance would also help. Flushing a city sewer with a fire hose is correct. They are looking for VOLUME not pressure.Please do me a favor GIVE my E mail address to your CITY sewer DEPT and tell them I will take this case on for FREE THE counter suit should be fantastic for them and me…Sylvan: : Youre way out of line there, Syl. Cant believe what you typed or what youre thinking. Cleaning a sewer with a fire truck hose IS inadequate. I am employed by the City of Houston. You definitely need pressure NOT VOLUME. Stick to your little faucets and whatnot. This is way out of your league.: To the BIG city TURD chaser Houston CITY employee Why dont you READ . I am SURE even in your pea brain you could REALIZE a town with 211 PEOPLE does not have a VECTOR sewer machine. This high pressure Vacuum and Jetter cost more than this whole town is worth. If you also read beteween the lines BIG CITY man you would have seen there is ONE maintenance guy. I know OSHA has NOT gotten around to your neck of the woods COW POKE but in some places it is against the labor laws for someone to use jetting Equipiment without a certificate DUH : Has it also occured to you BIG CITY SEWER MAN that if a diaper caused this MAJOR blockage we are NOT talking 36 lines are we? : I wonder how many Supervisors are TELLING you how to do your job? Here this poor guy working BY himnself WITH liminted funds tries to clear a stoppage. Now you being JUST a simple turd Chaser would also consider that some places DO have HIGH pressure fire pumps and if this hydrant only put out 65 psi AT 125 GPM that should be enough to flush out NORMAL debris. Only a guy from Texas would knows exactly whats in the line prior to using a video camera BUT then again this town of 211 DOES NOT HAVE THE BUDGET. My, My how working in the BIG OLE city spoiled you from common sence.Here is an under paid guy working BY himself doing all the repairs for 211 peole and He tries to flush a line with the EQUIPMENT avainable and your 2nd guessing him. I think for the Very next stoppage this TOWN of 211 should hire a GUY from Houston with a BIG STRAW in lieu of a AQUATECH or a slurry liquidator Trailor.. BETTER yet let this town buy a million dollar Vactor Productivity System JUST like the one your an EXPERT with HUH? I suppose you want to DONATE money for a great Harben Hot water Jetter for this town of 211 good God fearing folks. THINK for a minute guy one man doing the BEST he can do using NO state of the ART equipment.He tried his BEST with what he had. What would you do : When I was IN Nam we used ANYTHING we could to GET THE JOB DONE. THINK of it a SMALL town thats the KEY take that into consideration.NOW I know why Jesus was NOT Born in TEXAS They couldnt find a VIRGIN or 3 wise men in the whole State. BUT they did find great Turd chasers : Silvan forget about it RED NECKS never learn Hopefully Mexico will take back this area Brian Licensed Class A Equipment operator..

Participant

: What is the way they are supposed to clean the sewers? I need help fast. My house has : a terrible sewer gas odor coming right from the sewer, and they have been out to clean twice….with a hose!!! Im a lawyer, so Ill sue them too, but what should I tell them they should clean with? HELP!!!! : Ive spent $1500 on plumbers for their problem!!!!the public sewer line….the pipe had at Ok Counselor My normal fee is $225 per hr(MIN 4 HRS) for my expert testimony but out of professional courtesy ILL wave my right to a fee BUT you must wave your right to SUE for FREE advice :-) Ok 1- smells could be attribuated to poor venting 2- Bacteria build up on the inside of the sewer piping water jetting should clean this out using hot water. You may also want to try Bleach as this will kill most bacteria growth (dont use unless your on a public sewer as you dont want to kill anaerobic germs) Snaking will get out hard stoppages roots, diapers (lol) Jetting removes soft stoppages silt, grease etc. Have your local plumber 1st check your vent terminal ( on the roof) to make sure this is open. Then check your main sewer trap for proper covers as Hydrogen sulfide could be one of the many sewer gases lurking. I think you should also look at the article I had writen a few months ago RE: drain Cleaning. One major causes of foul sewer smalls is trap failures do to evaporation of the trap seal. In simple terms go around looking at every drain in your home, especially flood drains and pour 3-4 gallons of cold water down these. The water level in traps is the seal to prevent foul dangerious gases from entering the fixtures. I encluded a lint for you to try to get an idea of the various options open to you. On top of this web page you will see plumbviews This is My area for writing articles relating to plumbing drain Cleaning and fire supression and Gas Systems hopefully by water jetting and checking all your vents this proplem will be allieviated. I hope that when you did have the plumber working in your home you made sure 1- He was Licensed and 2- insured. To be a plumber requires a 5 year apprenticeship and a min of 740 hours of class room studies. Dont just hire a drain guy as most have no idea about proper venting procedures. You can also E mail me with any questions you may have. Good luck and have a great week end Respectifully….. Sylvan

Participant

: : Were in a tiny town of 211! The one city employee does everything and hes about as sharp as a ping-pong ball! They ARE doing it wrong IF theyre doing that at all. Thanks for the positive vibes, hon.: : : What ever the local municipality does is up to them they govern. If you feel the method they use is inapropriate then you will have to protect yourself from further water damage : : : on your own. Dont let a huckster attorney take your money for nothing. Cause thats what hes doing. Ask your local plumbers union hall for advise first.: : : It is called local administrative authority, they can clean the lines any way the cost allows them to do it hun.: : : Mark Tiernanh : : : Tiernan Bros. Plbg. : : : Indiana, USA: One employee and she complains?? wow this guy should go on strike.. If this persons home catches on fire I hope the hjudge puts out the fire LMAO cause I wouldnt set foot near this nut case BillI came back to find info about something else, but Ill answer you, Bill. Some facts that came out in court: The WHOLE CITY was backed up on its gravity sewer. Thats right its all gravity. It was blocked about 2 miles south of the city down the hill. I just happen to be the lowest basement on the south side.It wasnt a diaper afterall (that was the reason given by the one employee). There was another witness to unclogging the sewer and he said he DIDNT see a diaper. He was a next door neighbor who knew where the one employee worked and called him to get back to the city from his full time job….yup, he works somewhere else in a completely different career…assembly line for baggage carts for the airlines. He helped him unclog the sewer. The one employee COULDNT produce his water/wastewater license (City council is threatening to have him removed at their next meeting). As if they didnt know, huh?He was asked how he cleaned the sewer lines. He said with the fire hose. Asked to describe and he stated that he opened manholes and put the hose down and sprayed. No special nozel. He couldnt produce a map of the sewer lines in the city. I had to quiet down the laughter that came from my 3 experts who happened to be 1 town smaller and 2 a little larger cities that are within a 12 mile range of ours. They were all water/wastewater supts.My witnesses testified that they used sewer jetts and WHY. They also explained why his method would cause maintenance problems….blah, blah, blah.We had sewer backup insurance if it was OUR fault. As soon as we realized this nut has probably been neglecting our sewer system for the last upteen years, we bought insurance in case its their fault again. Our insurance said they would cover it next time if its the citys fault, but would sue them for recovery.The judges bottom line is that we were not responsible and the city is the one that enforces codes to their citizens….diaper or no diaper. They are the ones that are responsible for a working sewer 24 hrs a day.Thats all that I can remember randomly at the moment. Im sure I missed some relevant facts, but will check back later to look at your comments.P.S. Our fire dept is volunteer. My husband and I volunteer along with 30 others.

Participant

So the city pays! Tell us where the city gets all the money from ????????? You ask for opinions and when you hear one you dont like you call the person a asshole. If everyone there has your class you may never see 212.

Participant

The city pays to a league of 750 cities. They pool money into what is called an insurance trust (they claim they ARE NOT an insurance company for the cities). That is where the $1200 came from. $1000+ was just for the professional clean-up crew that HAD to come into my house with masks because of the methane (sp?) gas. The only damage I claimed was the brand new bathroom floor (Yup, I had receipts) and paint for my newly painted floor that bubbled. I DIDNT claim the 5 throw rugs I had laying around. I DIDNT claim the sheetrock that got wet because I wouldnt replace it anyways even if I had it professionally installed. I DIDNT claim all the carpet remnants that I had been collecting to redo a room. I DIDNT claim the box of Christmas ornaments that got soaked. All these non-claims were in a wet pile out in the driveway for the city investigator to see and he carefully itemized each. Much to their surprise before I even took them to claims court I told them from the beginning all I wanted was for them to pay for the clean-up and my damaged floors. That insurance trust gave back over 109 Million in dividends back to their cities because of denying many claims. They NEVER pay out sewer backups unless the plaintiff wins in court.I WAS ATTACKED FIRST BY SYLVAN….GO BACK AND READ. He made a total ass out of himself…..didnt bother to be civil and ask questions. He obviously has been burned before with this area…..and decided to take it out on me.Yeah, we all have the same mentality here in this small town. You can bet that probably all 211 will be at the next city council meeting demanding they fire their one employee. I signed a petition today that had at least 150 signatures on it demanding just that…..AND I didnt even initiate it……LOL! Of course, this must be devestating to you because you feel so sorry for this guy that obviously WASNT doing his job…..and wasnt even licensed!!: So the city pays! Tell us where the city gets all the money from ????????? : You ask for opinions and when you hear one you dont like you call the person a asshole. If everyone there has your class you may never see 212.

Participant

: The city pays to a league of 750 cities. They pool money into what is called an insurance trust (they claim they ARE NOT an insurance company for the cities). That is where the $1200 came from. $1000+ was just for the professional clean-up crew that HAD to come into my house with masks because of the methane (sp?) gas. The only damage I claimed was the brand new bathroom floor (Yup, I had receipts) and paint for my newly painted floor that bubbled. I DIDNT claim the 5 throw rugs I had laying around. I DIDNT claim the sheetrock that got wet because I wouldnt replace it anyways even if I had it professionally installed. I DIDNT claim all the carpet remnants that I had been collecting to redo a room. I DIDNT claim the box of Christmas ornaments that got soaked. All these non-claims were in a wet pile out in the driveway for the city investigator to see and he carefully itemized each. Much to their surprise before I even took them to claims court I told them from the beginning all I wanted was for them to pay for the clean-up and my damaged floors. That insurance trust gave back over 109 Million in dividends back to their cities because of denying many claims. They NEVER pay out sewer backups unless the plaintiff wins in court.: I WAS ATTACKED FIRST BY SYLVAN….GO BACK AND READ. He made a total ass out of himself…..didnt bother to be civil and ask questions. He obviously has been burned before with this area…..and decided to take it out on me.: Yeah, we all have the same mentality here in this small town. You can bet that probably all 211 will be at the next city council meeting demanding they fire their one employee. I signed a petition today that had at least 150 signatures on it demanding just that…..AND I didnt even initiate it……LOL! Of course, this must be devestating to you because you feel so sorry for this guy that obviously WASNT doing his job…..and wasnt even licensed!!: : : So the city pays! Tell us where the city gets all the money from ????????? : : You ask for opinions and when you hear one you dont like you call the person a asshole. If everyone there has your class you may never see 212.My apologies, I was responding to what had been said. Many of your facts were not supplied up front and you did sound like the typical whiner looking to blame someone. Obviously this was not the case. Im glad it worked out for you, but try to under stand for every case like yours there are 50 others that are trying to get something for nothing. Hope I didnt offend you,Im just trying to explain the other side.

Participant

: : The city pays to a league of 750 cities. They pool money into what is called an insurance trust (they claim they ARE NOT an insurance company for the cities). That is where the $1200 came from. $1000+ was just for the professional clean-up crew that HAD to come into my house with masks because of the methane (sp?) gas. The only damage I claimed was the brand new bathroom floor (Yup, I had receipts) and paint for my newly painted floor that bubbled. I DIDNT claim the 5 throw rugs I had laying around. I DIDNT claim the sheetrock that got wet because I wouldnt replace it anyways even if I had it professionally installed. I DIDNT claim all the carpet remnants that I had been collecting to redo a room. I DIDNT claim the box of Christmas ornaments that got soaked. All these non-claims were in a wet pile out in the driveway for the city investigator to see and he carefully itemized each. Much to their surprise before I even took them to claims court I told them from the beginning all I wanted was for them to pay for the clean-up and my damaged floors. That insurance trust gave back over 109 Million in dividends back to their cities because of denying many claims. They NEVER pay out sewer backups unless the plaintiff wins in court.: : I WAS ATTACKED FIRST BY SYLVAN….GO BACK AND READ. He made a total ass out of himself…..didnt bother to be civil and ask questions. He obviously has been burned before with this area…..and decided to take it out on me.: : Yeah, we all have the same mentality here in this small town. You can bet that probably all 211 will be at the next city council meeting demanding they fire their one employee. I signed a petition today that had at least 150 signatures on it demanding just that…..AND I didnt even initiate it……LOL! Of course, this must be devestating to you because you feel so sorry for this guy that obviously WASNT doing his job…..and wasnt even licensed!!: : : : : So the city pays! Tell us where the city gets all the money from ????????? : : : You ask for opinions and when you hear one you dont like you call the person a asshole. If everyone there has your class you may never see 212.: My apologies, I was responding to what had been said. Many of your facts were not supplied up front and you did sound like the typical whiner looking to blame someone. Obviously this was not the case. Im glad it worked out for you, but try to under stand for every case like yours there are 50 others that are trying to get something for nothing. Hope I didnt offend you,Im just trying to explain the other side.You didnt offend me….thanks for the apology though. I was beginning to think I was in the twilight zone with all this hostility thrown at me.

Viewing 19 reply threads
                                          • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This