Need parts source for old toilet

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Need parts source for old toilet

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Help! The toilet tank hangs on the wall with a 2 pipe connecting the tank to the bowl. The pipe has rusted away. Want to keep the toilet if I can. Need a source for the 2 pipe. Thanks Graham

Participant

: Help! : The toilet tank hangs on the wall with a 2 pipe connecting the tank to the bowl. The pipe has rusted away. Want to keep the toilet if I can. Need a source for the 2 pipe. : Thanks : GrahamI have the part that you are looking for. I need to know your e-mail so that I can send you info.My E-mail is [email protected]

Participant

: Help! : The toilet tank hangs on the wall with a 2 pipe connecting the tank to the bowl. The pipe has rusted away. Want to keep the toilet if I can. Need a source for the 2 pipe. : Thanks : GrahamIts called a flush elbowyour toilet is from the thirties or early forties. you will also need a 2 spud for the bowl and for the tank.repairing these babies isnt for the faint of heart my friend it is definitely not for the do it your selfer. Your best bet is to look for the oldest plumber you can find.Tiernan Bros. Plbg Indiana, USA

Participant

You need a 2 flush ell and a 2 closet spud. The flush ells come in 3X 5, 5X 7, etc, so you have to measure the old one to see which one is long enough to replace the old one. You will have to remove the fitting from the toilet, cut and fit the new flush pipe, and then reinstall the new spud and flush pipe at the same time in order to get them to fit together. Then your next project will be to stop it from leaking at the slip nuts.: Help! : The toilet tank hangs on the wall with a 2 pipe connecting the tank to the bowl. The pipe has rusted away. Want to keep the toilet if I can. Need a source for the 2 pipe. : Thanks : Graham

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This