outside faucets

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives outside faucets

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

My home is over 30 yrs. old and the two outside faucets need replaced. I have no experience in plumbing and wonder how expensive this would be to replace? Also, is this something I could do myself? The pipes are not the thead on type, they are copper ones that I guess would have to be sweated, if thats the right terminology. Can you thread copper pipes so I could put that type on? I took the internal parts that looked corroded to a supplier and they told me that noone sell internal parts for outside faucets anymore(at least in Orlando,Fl.) Thanks.

Participant

You cannot thread copper. You have to solder an adapter on so that the new one can be screwed in.: My home is over 30 yrs. old and the two outside faucets need replaced. I have no experience in plumbing and wonder how expensive this would be to replace? Also, is this something I could do myself? The pipes are not the thead on type, they are copper ones that I guess would have to be sweated, if thats the right terminology. Can you thread copper pipes so I could put that type on? I took the internal parts that looked corroded to a supplier and they told me that noone sell internal parts for outside faucets anymore(at least in Orlando,Fl.) Thanks.

Participant

: My home is over 30 yrs. old and the two outside faucets need replaced. I have no experience in plumbing and wonder how expensive this would be to replace? Also, is this something I could do myself? The pipes are not the thead on type, they are copper ones that I guess would have to be sweated, if thats the right terminology. Can you thread copper pipes so I could put that type on? I took the internal parts that looked corroded to a supplier and they told me that noone sell internal parts for outside faucets anymore(at least in Orlando,Fl.) Thanks.IT SOUNDS TO ME THAT YOU SHOULD LEAVE THIS JOB TO A PLUMBING CONTRACTOR. YOU CAN INSTRUCT THEM TO SOLDER MALE ADAPTERS ON THE END THIS TIME SO THAT NEW ONES CAN BE SCREWED OFF AND ON IN THE FUTURE. IT ALSO WOULD BE GOOD TO ASK THEM TO SUPPLY HOSE BIBBS WITH BACKFLOW PREVENTERS BUILT ON THEM FOR SAFETY REASONS.

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This