Hot Water in Cold water Line

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Hot Water in Cold water Line

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Just resently I have been getting hot water in my cold water lines. I have a hot water circulation pump that circulates water to the back of the house. When the Hot water started showing up in the cold water line I unplugged the Circulation pump. This did not help. This morning I checked both lines at the top of the Hot water tank and almost got burnt on both of them. Could there be a problem with the hot water tank? Could there be a problem with the circulation pump? The water company told me to contact a plumber when I explained the problem.

Participant

: Just resently I have been getting hot water in my cold water lines. I have a hot water circulation pump that circulates water to the back of the house. When the Hot water started showing up in the cold water line I unplugged the Circulation pump. This did not help. This morning I checked both lines at the top of the Hot water tank and almost got burnt on both of them. : Could there be a problem with the hot water tank? : Could there be a problem with the circulation pump? : The water company told me to contact a plumber when I explained the problem.not knowing how your pump is piped well just have to make a couple of guesses. 1. the cold water dip tube could have failed. 2. a check valve on the pump could be stuck open 3. I have seen people cut off water on shower with a arm valve and leave hot and cold valves on, this causes a cross connection. all I can think of a the moment

Participant

Do you have any MOEN single lever faucets in your house, if you do when you feel hot water in the cold try to find a faucet that has not been turned on and feel the water supplies under the sink . If your cold side on that faucet is hot you need to replace the cartridge, Moen is known for when the cartridge is going bad that it will mix the water even with the faucet turned off. Other ideas are is your clothes washing machine valves turned on and your getting your mixture through the internal valve in the washing machine. Same thing applies if you havent used the machine and the cold side is hot you are getting it through the valve and the only way to fix that is to change valve or turn off your water everytime you finish laundry. Good luck!!

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This