moving a toilet flange

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing moving a toilet flange

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    • #274276

      Help, I need to move a toilet flange back about 12″. The current flange is made of cast iron. I know that I can cut the cast iron pipe off where it currently is and replace it with abs or pvc. My question is, how do you get the abs or pvc to attach to the cast iron? do you use some sort of glue or epoxy? If so, what kind do you use? Any help is appreciated. jeff

    • #289489
      fourth year

      Use a Mission, or similar coupling with a metal band around it, sized for cast-iron on one side and IPS pipe on the other. Do not use a Fernco coupling.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This