pvc toilet flange issue

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives pvc toilet flange issue

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

I am redoing the entire bathroom. Everything has been stripped to the studs and subfloor. I didnt want to do the plumbing so i hired someone to do the major things, one of those things was to move the existing toilet flange over about 12 inches. This he did, but he set it flush to the subfloor, which is being replaced by a thicker subfloor, then some cement board, then some tile. So the flange is going to be way too low. I am not sure how to adjust the flange upwards without destroying it. The plumber that moved it used the same one, so I assume there is some way to remove and reset the flange. I have tried pulling, twisting and prying to the verge of breaking something, I am at a loss. Any help would be appreciated.

Participant

Adam,The best way to move it up is to cut the drain line and add to it to make it longer. But you also can just add a spacer to what you have there now. Most plumbing places will carry this spacer it will add about 1/2 to the flange. And when you get a wax seal make sure you use the type with a built in rubber flange in it.Good Luck,Walter http://www.testyourwater.com

Participant

: I am redoing the entire bathroom. Everything has been stripped to the studs and subfloor. I didnt want to do the plumbing so i hired someone to do the major things, one of those things was to move the existing toilet flange over about 12 inches. This he did, but he set it flush to the subfloor, which is being replaced by a thicker subfloor, then some cement board, then some tile. So the flange is going to be way too low. I am not sure how to adjust the flange upwards without destroying it. The plumber that moved it used the same one, so I assume there is some way to remove and reset the flange. I have tried pulling, twisting and prying to the verge of breaking something, I am at a loss. Any help would be appreciated.PVC TOILET FLANGES ARE CEMENTED TO THE PVC PIPE. A SIMPLE SOLUTION TO THIS PROBLEM IS TO USE STACK-N-SEAL EXTENTION FLANGES WITH YOU ADD 1/4 FOR EACH ONE. SILICONE CAULK IS USED TO SEAL BETWEEN EACH FLANGE. THESE STACK ON TOP OF THE EXISTING FLANGE AND WOULD REQUIRE A LONGER SET OF BOLTS. THE TOP OF THE FLANGE SHOULD BE 1/4 ABOVE THE FLOOR LEVEL. THE COST OF EACH FLANGE IS 2.00 AND THE LONGER BOLTS ABOUT 3.00. IF YOU CANT FIND THEM LOCAL FAX ME AT 410-284-1881 AND WE CAN SHIP THEM TO YOU.

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This