plastic to copper pipe

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives plastic to copper pipe

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

I AM TRY TO CONNECT A NEW PLASTIC PIPE TO AN EXISTING COPPER PIPE IN THE BATHROOM . IS THERE ANY COMPOUND WHICH WILL SEAL THIS OR SHOULD IT BE SODDERED?

Participant

: I AM TRY TO CONNECT A NEW PLASTIC PIPE TO AN EXISTING COPPER PIPE IN THE BATHROOM . IS THERE ANY COMPOUND WHICH WILL SEAL THIS OR SHOULD IT BE SODDERED?I know of no compound that will connect copper to plastic. this must be some type of mechanical connection. ie. compression,crimp ring, etc. some type of transition fitting

Participant

: I AM TRY TO CONNECT A NEW PLASTIC PIPE TO AN EXISTING COPPER PIPE IN THE BATHROOM . IS THERE ANY COMPOUND WHICH WILL SEAL THIS OR SHOULD IT BE SODDERED? Why RUIN a fantastic Copper System WITH GARBAGE PLASTIC???

Participant

the best way would be male & female adaptors, each of its own material. male flowing into female.

Participant

Of course you could always use a PVC to copper adaptor. Its PVC and has a socket endf to glue the pipe into, and a rubber ring to slip over the copper pipe

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This