sewer gas smell

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives sewer gas smell

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

We have a terrible sewer gas odor which begins each evening around 5 (hottest part of the day). It seems to come off the roof, be in the attic and be carried throughout the house by the air conditioners. Plumbers have been here multiple times. No trap problems, no backups, AC drains not blocked. I am at my wits end. If a loose toilet seal, why only at the hot part of the day? Why so strong coming off the roof at our front door area. What are the symtoms of a blocked stack or roof vent? Who should I call?

Participant

: We have a terrible sewer gas odor which begins each evening around 5 (hottest part of the day). It seems to come off the roof, be in the attic and be carried throughout the house by the air conditioners. Plumbers have been here multiple times. No trap problems, no backups, AC drains not blocked. I am at my wits end. If a loose toilet seal, why only at the hot part of the day? Why so strong coming off the roof at our front door area. What are the symtoms of a blocked stack or roof vent? Who should I call?P.S. We thought it could be a dead animal in the attic, but it has lasted and gotten worse for a month. In this heat (Tx summer) I would have expected the smell to be gone.

Participant

Try capping off vents a short time before it really gets bad, see it stops the odor, then uncap them. If you are on city sewer have them check the line(s) near your home. If you are on a private septic system have it cleaned out and see how that works.

Participant

Dear Sherry,One cost effective way to solve the problem is to target the source of the problem by treating your septic tank with Bacteria Concepts SEPTI-MATE and SEPTI-SHOCK.When used on a regular basis, these products help to greatly reduce or eliminate bad odors from the septic tank, slows down the sludge build-up process, maintains proper biological activity of the septic tank and where applicable, keeps leach fields free-flowing.We encourage you to contact us to order some product to solve the problem.You will also received detailed instructions on how to use the product to solve any problems you may be facing.Bacteria Concepts manufactures the highest quality bacterial products on the market. Each contains a scientific blend of multiple strains of naturally occurring active bacteria, which function precisely to solve a specific problem. The blend is synergistic, which means that all strains are compatible with each other and compliment each others activity. The strains are chosen to be highly resistant to disinfectants, sanitizers, and to hot water. This feature permits their use in any normal home, commercial or industrial environment without imposing undo restrictions on accepted methods or on personnel. All bacteria strains used are non-pathogenic (i.e. they do not cause disease) and thus, will not harm humans and pets.Bacteria Concepts products are non-toxic, fully biodegradable and hence, environmentally friendly.Best regards,Customer ServiceBacteria Concepts, Inc. 1400 Brook Drive Downers Grove, IL 60515-1025 U.S.A. Toll free in U.S.A.: 1-877-BCI-DRBUG (1-877-224-3728) Tel: (630) 261-0061 Fax: (630) 261-0064 Corporate e-mail: [email protected] Web site: http://www.bci-drbug.com: We have a terrible sewer gas odor which begins each evening around 5 (hottest part of the day). It seems to come off the roof, be in the attic and be carried throughout the house by the air conditioners. Plumbers have been here multiple times. No trap problems, no backups, AC drains not blocked. I am at my wits end. If a loose toilet seal, why only at the hot part of the day? Why so strong coming off the roof at our front door area. What are the symtoms of a blocked stack or roof vent? Who should I call?

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This