constantly blocked toilet

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing constantly blocked toilet

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

My wife and I moved into a new home with “water saver” toilets. We have three toilets and two of them are
        plugged up with “stools” that apparently did not get completely though the line and into the sewer. I need advice on how to wlove the problem without summoning the plumber constantly. One of the toilets has been plugged for five days now and still won’t clear. Is there a compound or other such substance that can be deposited into the toilets that will clear up the problem? I am a staunch environmentalist but fail to see the value of toilets that require several flushes to do the job. Please help me! Thank you.
        Thomas W. Billing

Participant

Once plugged you may need the services of a plumber Or youy can try an Auger.

Then after this is cleared you can look in the tank and double check the flushing action.

With the new 1.6GPF there is not that much room for error on how long the flapper/tank bulb stays up.

You want to get the most water into the bowl as possible.

Using a plunger may cause more problems as it can wedge a foreign object even tighter.

Unfortuntly not all brands are equil and are not the same Quality as Crane toilets are.

The $59.00 Crane I never had any call backs even after installing over 1,500 of them.
          Hopefully the auger and adjusting the water level and flapper should work.

Participant

Last month I replaced my 1.6 GPF gravity flush toilet with a 1.6 GPF pressure assist. I tossed out my plungers as for the first time in 5 years as I haven’t had a single stopped up toilet.

I should have done this years ago. The bad news is that my biceps will never be the same now that they don’t get their several times a week workout with the plunger…

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This