Leaky shower

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Leaky shower

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

My single handle Delta shower started to leak continously after it is turned off. Im assuming I need to replace an o-ring or seal but I have no directions on how to take it apart. Any ideas where I can find direction?

Participant

: My single handle Delta shower started to leak continously after it is turned off. Im assuming I need to replace an o-ring or seal but I have no directions on how to take it apart. Any ideas where I can find direction?Joe, Delta faucets are very easy to repair. First turn the water off. Remove the handle if its a clear handle pop out the index button and remove the phillips screw if its a chrome handle there is a set screw on the underside of the handle. Then unscrew the cap nut. Pull the ball out and then remover the seats & springs. check the ball for wear. replace the seats & springs (part # rp-4993) reassemble the faucet. I hope that helps. Scott Bryan Plumbing Parts Depot

Participant

: : My single handle Delta shower started to leak continously after it is turned off. Im assuming I need to replace an o-ring or seal but I have no directions on how to take it apart. Any ideas where I can find direction?: Joe, Delta faucets are very easy to repair. First turn the water off. Remove the handle if its a clear handle pop out the index button and remove the phillips screw if its a chrome handle there is a set screw on the underside of the handle. Then unscrew the cap nut. Pull the ball out and then remover the seats & springs. check the ball for wear. replace the seats & springs (part # rp-4993) reassemble the faucet. : I hope that helps. : Scott Bryan Plumbing Parts DepotScott thanks for the help. My problem is with the cap nut. I dont see one or I dont know where it is. All there is when I remove clear handle is a large white plastic cylinder with a brass stem sticking out of that. On the stem is a white disk with teeth in it that I guess is for adjusting the hot/cold mixture. Once I remove that disk there is a brass disk piece with teeth that matches up with the white piece. There is an o-ring on the brass stem holding the brass disk in place.

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This