toilet keeps cycling on and off

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives toilet keeps cycling on and off

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Why do 2 of the toilets in my house keep running for a few seconds, then stopping for a few minutes, then run for a few seconds, and so on? There is no man of the house here, and I need to learn how to fix this myself. My water bill has doubled because of this. Can anyone tell me what to do about it? Thanks!

Participant

: Why do 2 of the toilets in my house keep running for a few seconds, then stopping for a few minutes, then run for a few seconds, and so on? There is no man of the house here, and I need to learn how to fix this myself. My water bill has doubled because of this. Can anyone tell me what to do about it? Thanks!the tank ball or flapper(connected to the flush handle) is allowing water to leak out and the ballcock is refilling. replace the ball/flapper

Participant

: : Why do 2 of the toilets in my house keep running for a few seconds, then stopping for a few minutes, then run for a few seconds, and so on? There is no man of the house here, and I need to learn how to fix this myself. My water bill has doubled because of this. Can anyone tell me what to do about it? Thanks!: the tank ball or flapper(connected to the flush handle) is allowing water to leak out and the ballcock is refilling. replace the ball/flapperthis is a better url

Participant

Thanks! I printed out and read the 2nd url you suggested. Im sure I can fix them now. Thank you so much for taking the time to post your response. Youve educated me and saved me both money and headache!

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This