Rust in hot water

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Rust in hot water

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

We are starting to see orange (rust) water in our hot water. It doesnt seem to be in the cold. Do I have a bad water heater?

Participant

: We are starting to see orange (rust) water in our hot water. It doesnt seem to be in the cold. Do I have a bad water heater?dont know where youre from, but on SC coast our water supply supply was changed from artesian well to treated river water a couple of years ago. since then we have changed out hundreds of leaking water heaters and the first sign is rusty hot water.

Participant

: : We are starting to see orange (rust) water in our hot water. It doesnt seem to be in the cold. Do I have a bad water heater?: dont know where youre from, but on SC coast our water supply supply was changed from artesian well to treated river water a couple of years ago. since then we have changed out hundreds of leaking water heaters and the first sign is rusty hot water.Thanks for the bad news. I am from a Chicago suburb. Any tips for a new water heater?

Participant

: : : We are starting to see orange (rust) water in our hot water. It doesnt seem to be in the cold. Do I have a bad water heater? : : dont know where youre from, but on SC coast our water supply supply was changed from artesian well to treated river water a couple of years ago. since then we have changed out hundreds of leaking water heaters and the first sign is rusty hot water.: Thanks for the bad news. I am from a Chicago suburb. Any tips for a new water heater?I buy my heaters from dealers that I know will be around for a long time and are customer friendly. If there is a problem, my customers will look to me first not the manufacture. Presently I use, State, A.O. Smith and Bradford White. I like the insulation on AO Smith better than others. Normally in replacement, heaters must fit in the same spot, so we have to juggle gallons and physical size.

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This