Vent Pipe Plugged

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Vent Pipe Plugged

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

My basement toilet has worked for years but now we are noticing terrible > odors eminating from the toilet and the shower next to it. When the washing > machine, located nearby runs, the toilet bowl is emptied, but the tank is > still full. As well, when the water is run upstairs, there appears to be an > air backwash that bubbles up in the basement toilet. > > Please help if you can. I am handy enough to change a toilet out and put a > new one in, but I am hoping that this is not necessary. The property is a > rental and I just need to make sure that the odor stops and the stool > operates properly.

: My basement toilet has worked for years but now we are noticing : terrible : > odors eminating from the toilet and the shower next to it. When the : washing : > machine, located nearby runs, the toilet bowl is emptied, but the tank is : > still full. As well, when the water is run upstairs, there appears to be : an : > air backwash that bubbles up in the basement toilet. : > : > Please help if you can. I am handy enough to change a toilet out and put a : > new one in, but I am hoping that this is not necessary. The property is a : > rental and I just need to make sure that the odor stops and the stool : > operates properly.If it is a plugged vent pipe, how do I go about finding it and clearing the vent to stop the problem?

: : My basement toilet has worked for years but now we are noticing : : terrible : : > odors eminating from the toilet and the shower next to it. When the : : washing : : > machine, located nearby runs, the toilet bowl is emptied, but the tank is : : > still full. As well, when the water is run upstairs, there appears to be : : an : : > air backwash that bubbles up in the basement toilet. : : > : : > Please help if you can. I am handy enough to change a toilet out and put a : : > new one in, but I am hoping that this is not necessary. The property is a : : > rental and I just need to make sure that the odor stops and the stool : : > operates properly.: If it is a plugged vent pipe, how do I go about finding it and clearing the vent to stop the problem?this sounds like a plugged vent or partically plugged drain line. changeing fixtures will not help. if you have a attic space, check that any horizontal vent runs have not dropped(sagged)and collected rain water. normally the best way to clean vents is to rod from the open end(roof) youll probably be better off getting professional and insured plumber to do this. good luck

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This