Septic System Prices

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Septic System Prices

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

We are building a log cabin along the bank of French Creek. This cabin will be used as a summer cabin. This will be a 4 bedroom cabin. What is the most basic type of septic system we can install, and what are the costs for this system?

Participant

: We are building a log cabin along the bank of French Creek. This cabin will be used as a summer cabin. This will be a 4 bedroom cabin. What is the most basic type of septic system we can install, and what are the costs for this system?

Participant

You may have to go with an aerobic type tank since you are close to the water. The size of the tank was dependent on the number of bedrooms of which I have 2 planned, so had to go with 500 gal tanks (3 tanks in all). I had major rock that had to be hoe rammed and in the end the total was $10,500 including fill dirt, the plant system and hoe ramming.

Participant

: You may have to go with an aerobic type tank since you are close to the water. The size of the tank was dependent on the number of bedrooms of which I have 2 planned, so had to go with 500 gal tanks (3 tanks in all). I had major rock that had to be hoe rammed and in the end the total was $10,500 including fill dirt, the plant system and hoe ramming.

Participant

Carol, actually, we are above the flood plain, and I dont think we need more than one tank (since it is not a full time residential house). $10.5K? Ouch! We were hoping to do much of the installation ourselves to save $$$. Thanks for the reply. You wouldnt have any clue what a basic system would cost? 500 gallon tank with a leach field (minus the excavation)? Basically I need to know how much the materials are, and where I can find them… I really appreciate the response! Thanks again…

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This