Concealed slip joints

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Concealed slip joints

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

I would like to know your opinion on concealed slip-joints for a waste and overflow for tubs.What are the code requirements for this in your area. Can I install a traditional type waste with slip-joints and conceal it? I look forward to your response.

Participant

: I would like to know your opinion on concealed slip-joints for a waste and overflow for tubs.What are the code : requirements for this in your area. Can I install a traditional type waste with slip-joints and conceal it? I look : forward to your response.Are you talking about slip Nuts? Which code are you using? Normally on Bathtub wastes for example the shoe and overflow are connected to a SJ tee. Depending on the Gauge of the metal may have alot to do with Code approval.As far as I know ONLY the bathtub fixture uses SJ connections. Great question

Participant

: : I would like to know your opinion on concealed slip-joints for a waste and overflow for tubs.What are the code : : requirements for this in your area. Can I install a traditional type waste with slip-joints and conceal it? I look : : forward to your response.: Are you talking about slip Nuts? Which code are you using? Normally on Bathtub wastes for example the shoe and overflow are connected to a SJ tee. Depending on the Gauge of the metal may have alot to do with Code approval.As far as I know ONLY the bathtub fixture uses SJ connections. Great questionI am presently using the 1994 Standard plumbing code.It requires a straight-thru type tub waste when the waste is going to be concealed. However the code is not very clear on concealing the slip-joints with slip-nuts on this matter. I mainly see PVC tub waste in my area ond this would require concealing the slip-nut joints. Is this allowed in your area?

Participant

: I would like to know your opinion on concealed slip-joints for a waste and overflow for tubs.What are the code : requirements for this in your area. Can I install a traditional type waste with slip-joints and conceal it? I look : forward to your response.in our area we must install access panels at end of tub for slip joint waste. the tub waste by Watco , which glues together has become the preffered drain as no access panel is required.

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This