water hot in water heater but not at taps

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing water hot in water heater but not at taps

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

Hi, I have a gas hot water unit situatd on the outside wall of the home. The hotwater pipe into my home is also fitted with a tempering valve. My problem is that the water in the heater is very hot, but, the water coming out of all of the taps is cool. I suspect the tempering valve is stuffed but any expert advice would be appresciated.

Thanks
        Mike

Participant

That is about the only thing that could cause your symptoms. You can replace the operating unit if you purchase a new valve of the same make and model.

Participant

Mike, What kind of tempering valve is it?
            Temperature control valves are meant to cool the hot water from the tank to a desired temperature for use within the home.
            Why is it necessary that you have one? Do you have young children in the home? At what temperature do you set the heater?
            If the temperature control valve is made by Watts, remove it, for it is not suited for your application. Instead keep the heater set at a desired temperature that will not be dangerous to your household, something around 125F.
            Good Luck,
            Bill
            The Local Plumber
            Tustin, California http://www.TheLocalPlumber.com

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This