bradford white water heater leaking

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing bradford white water heater leaking

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Our home is now a year old, and our water heater is leaking from the top. I’ve removed the PRV pipe and put teflon tape around it, but the leak remains. If water is leaking from the top, where is it coming from?

Participant

Before we can answer your question we need more information.

You say it is leaking from the top.

Where do you see the leak showing up?

Where do you see water actually leaking / dripping out of?

There are three pipes screwed into the top: the cold supply inlet, the T&P valve, and the hot outlet. Plus the anode rod is screwed into the top.

Is water actually coming out around one of those fittings at the top of the tank?

Is water dripping onto the top of the outer housing from a fitting or valve above?

Is water leaking from from one of the elements through the side of the water heater?

Please provide additional information as best possible.

Participant

The leak was detected at the top, but does not seem to be coming from any of the fittings. Water was first visible around the holes for the pipes to connect to the heater. None of the couplings seem to be leaking water from a connection, so I have no idea where the water is coming from. The builder is/was not local, so I don’t know who the sub was on the job, just the manufacturer.

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This